wtf? my cd-key was hijacked???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf? my cd-key was hijacked???

i get the error message that my cd-key's already in use and if i suspect it to be stolen/hijacked i should call EA!

i tried restarting my PC and waiting again for 10 or so minutes before connecting to a different server but i still get the same message.

has this ever happened to anyone? how can i prevent this from happening again?

i tried calling EA but too bad for me their offices are all closed... i think this is god's way of telling me to stop playing bf2...

:/

i think the best thing would be just waiting an call up EA. i remember i lost a cdkey for 1942 they just had me scan or take pictures of my cds and email them to them. they might even make you mail them in. i know Valve does that

Comment

DownLoad and use any new programs never know the program can contain cd key stealer.
      or lend out your key or account to anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBoogie
        DownLoad and use any new programs never know the program can contain cd key stealer.
        or lend out your key or account to anyone ?
        wait a minute, i don't want to blame "underplay" and maybe this is just a coincidence but i downloaded his program (see: "FIX: Paste ip address in the server browser") called ForcePaste and i started using it only today!

i am 100% sure i haven't downloaded/installed any other program this month.

this sucks!

Comment

I feel for you man. I hate #$%@#$& that steal #$^@#$^ CD Keys for online!

I don't think EA does that anymore, my friend tryed to get a cd key by taking a picture of his bf1942 case recently and hey said u gotta pay 10 american dollars... maybe if u mail them your bf2 game entirely

Comment

Originally posted by Swanston
            I feel for you man. I hate #$%@#$& that steal #$^@#$^ CD Keys for online!

I don't think EA does that anymore, my friend tryed to get a cd key by taking a picture of his bf1942 case recently and hey said u gotta pay 10 american dollars... maybe if u mail them your bf2 game entirely
            hey i killed you a few times tonight, with a sniper rifle! lol

$10 says that program you installed finds your key and sends it to whoever made it.

Comment

That happened to my friend when he bought Tiger Woods Golf, they fixed it, I also think they banned the other users IP, but that is a rumor.

Comment

Working...
              X