I need help badle with the patch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help badle with the patch...

I havn't been able to play BF2 online since the first patch came out, I'm dying it's been so long! I've looked for help but most if it is very l33t and I don't understand a lot of it. Please, if some gaming god could find it in their hearts to help me in simple (well, as simple as it gets) terms. Ok I'll tell you EVERYTHING that's wrong. First thing, when I try to install the patch all goes smoothly until it's just about to end and then I get the ERROR: Cannot find install folder message. After a few failed attempts I tried to uninstall the game, which caused even more problems. The uninstall went well until the whatever wizzard window is about to appear. I see the sides and then it closes inexpiacbley. Now whenever I instert the disk it has the option "install", which doesn't work since the games not installed but when I the CD is in the drive and I click the short cut it starts but again no patch=no online= no fun. Can someone please help me install this patch or if it doesn't work uninstall the game and try again? Also if their have been new patches since the first I've been unaware since I just gave up on BF2...Please help me, I'm desperate.

Please answer, I'm desperate. I'll be you're beatch if you help me out.

Comment

ok go into your registry key editor by clicking start>run>regedit then go in and search bf2 and battlefield 2 everything related to bf2 and battlefield 2 delete it

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it.
        {EDIT} Do you think this will help with the patch problem?

Comment

First for uninstallation..

Go to your C:/ProgramFiles/EAGames/ folder, and delete the Battlefield 2 folder.

Now, go into your registry by clicking START, clicking RUN, and typing "regedit" (without quotations) and then hitting ENTER. When the window pops up, click FILE, EXPORT, and in the new dialog box that pops up, at the very bottom, make sure that "Export Range" has "ALL" selected. Create a name such as "Before Battlefield 2 uninstallation" and click OK. This basically exports your registry so that if something bad happens in the next few steps, you can always go back and fix it to the way it used to be.

Now, click EDIT, then FIND (alternatively, or for an easier way, hold CTRL and hit F), and type "Battlefield 2" into the search box. Click FIND NEXT, and each time it highlights a value that is related to Battlefield 2 over to the right, right-click the value and click DELETE. Confirm the deletion.

Repeat this step until you've delete all of the Battlefield 2-related registry values.

Reinstallation/Conclusion

Now reinstall the game, and apply the newest patch. This should work...

Good luck!

-Chubz

Comment

Thank you so much Chubz! I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into that answer and it's really helping. I owe you big time, although I doubt I'll ever be able to help you with anything, feel free to ask me for anything. Thanks again, people like you are what make this community, or any other online community, such special places.

{Edit} When I do that regedit thing is the CD supposed to be in the drive or out of the drive? Also when I try I get a little box that has the options to ignore or close, both of which close the regedit box...am I doing something wrong? The thanks still stands though.

Comment

Originally posted by PimpyMicPimp
              Thank you so much Chubz! I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into that answer and it's really helping. I owe you big time, although I doubt I'll ever be able to help you with anything, feel free to ask me for anything. Thanks again, people like you are what make this community, or any other online community, such special places.

{Edit} When I do that regedit thing is the CD supposed to be in the drive or out of the drive? Also when I try I get a little box that has the options to ignore or close, both of which close the regedit box...am I doing something wrong? The thanks still stands though.
              No problem.

Also, about the regedit thing... whether or not the CD is in or out doesn't really matter. The Registry is where everything on your PC is basically kind of "stored" at , so it has nothing to do with your actual game CD.

Just try ridding of every Battlefield 2 Registry entry (Be sure that it is definetely something that relates to the game.... look for such things as "EA GAMES", etc. and even something that exactly says "Battlefield 2" before deleting). After doing this, reinstall and see if your problems are gone.

By the way, if you have AIM, add me on and I'll try to help more... it's kind of tough posting on a forum because there are just several different ways of doing things which would probably require several more posts.... makes it kind of frustrating to constantly zig-zag around the problem.

My AIM username is Chubzdoomer.

Comment

Working...
              X