Commander Menu Causes Fps drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Menu Causes Fps drop

This has been happening a lot to me recently. I'll be playing and everything is smooth. But then I go into the commander menu for a while and start giving commands and dropping arty and such and I'll exit out and my framerate will SUCK! Before going into the menu my fps is at around 55-90 but as soon as I exit out of it my fps drops into the teens and twenties. If I Alt+Tab out and then go back in my fps goes back to normal but as soon as I go into commander menu again it sucks again. It looks like a memory leak issue, but I know my memory is good because I've run tests on it and it was fine. I thought the hotfix was supposed to fix this memory problem. Also I notice that my mouse sensitivity in the commander menu and the spawn menu is insanely higher than the other views. Its only in commander mode, spawn point mode and TV-Missile view that the mouse sensitivity is really high. I'm talking about it jumping about an inch for moving a little on the mouse pad. My sensitivities in the game are average, around 2-5. Anyone got any ideas on these issues?

your specs ?

No problems here.

----------------------------------------------
    Mobo: Gigabyte 8KNXP rev 2
    CPU: P4 3Ghz->3.5Ghz, 800fsb w/Zalman CNPS6500B-AlCu+AS5
    RAM: 2GB RAM (2x512MB+4x256MB OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel 2,3,2,5)
    VGA: Chaintech Nvidia GeForce 6800 OC (355/750) AA6800 Turbo
    H.D.: 2x WD 120GB SATA Raid 0/2x WD 40GB PATA 7200rpm
    CD/DVD: Sony CDRW 52x32x52/ Sony DVD /MicroAdvantage DVD Dual Format 8x4x12/40x24x40
    PSU: Ultra X-Connect 500w
    Audio: Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire 6.600 (6.1)
    Headphones: Zalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones
    S.O.: Windows XP SP2
    Controls: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro/ Thrustmaster TacticalBoard
    Server list paper and pencil

Comment

3.2ghz p4 with HT
      2048MB PC3200 DDR Memory
      Radeon X800PRO 256MB DDR

Comment

Your mouse is related to your mouse sensitivity in the general settings. As for the FPS issue, I don't believe it is a memory leak, as that is suppposed to be taken care of, and from all indications from EA they have had no reports of this problem exsisting in the new patch, however there were a ton of other issues which will be addressed in the v1.03 patch (I soley blame EA for all the bugs in this game, I believe the rushed DICE into releasing it before they were comfortable).

Comment

The mouse sensitivity in general settings is for the infantry isn't it? If thats the case then I dunno whats wrong. My look sensitivity is fine with infantry, its only on TV missile cam and spawn menu that its crazy.

Comment

I set the sensitivity for all of the classes to 1 and I still have the crazy high mouse movement in the spawn selection menu.

Comment

I fixed the mouse problem, went into profiles and the map menu mouse setting was at 7. Turned it to 1.5 and its gravy now. Still get the choppy fps after commander menu though.

Comment

if u r using the **** crack, then that could cause it

Comment

I have the exact same problem as you have. I have an AMD 64 3000+ socket 939, 2x512MB ram and a 6800 Ultra. Since I only have (*only* OMFG!) 1 GB of ram I don't run all settings on high but keep several on medium. I still get a lot of harddrive lag in certain maps. I also get a big pause when I leave the commander menu and slower FPS right after followed by some jerkiness.

When I put all my settings on medium this improves. The commander menu dissapears faster and doesn't seeme to have the same effect on the system. This is the games fault and not your system. It needs a lot of tweaking. You could try the different graphic settings to see if one of them affects the commander menu more than others.

Comment

It really seems like a memory leak problem with the game because as soon as I alt tab out then back in to clear the memory it works fine

Comment

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X