Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me, I'm New!

Hi guys.

I just got BF2, and on the screen it says "you need to update Nvidia Graphics drivers" so press Nvidia button on splash screen.

I can't find this button, I've checked like every screen.

Can someone tell me which screen it's on, or better yet, a screenshot?

why don't you download latest version from nvidia's site and install it ??

Comment

hmmm i think even if it comes up u dont have to do it as long as ur drivers are already up to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wigga
        why don't you download latest version from nvidia's site and install it ??
        Wigga is right..go to the nvidia site and update your drivers directly

Comment

Because whenever I download that, it says "not compatible". It's been like that for a while, and with a few peoples machines that I know.

You could of just tried answering the question. I wanted to see if the game downloaded a different version.

Comment

the game doesnt download driver for you, the game wants you to instll the 77.30 drivers that came with the game

Comment

no, the version on the game CD is just a new release, but not as new as the ones on the Nvidia site. If you're having trouble installing that, your driver base may be corrupted, in that case, uninstall the driver and use a driver cleaner to remove all evidence, then install the latest driver fresh. That should sort out any problems

Comment

It's refering to the the auto run screen that pops up when you first put the disk in I believe. There should be an Install Drivers option there. It installs a driver that windows will tell you is not test and ask to make sure you want to install it.

Comment

These guys are right - you should manually download these drivers and install them yourself...

BUT to answer your exact question, the screen your looking for pops up when you insert the game CD/DVD. It's a small popup window for your drives autoplay

Comment

Ok first if you have a Dell and it say that your hardware is incompatible... you need Dell Drivers and they suck cause Dell dont update their driver very often (this is why ill never buy a Dell for gaming)

They could just put a damn Regular Card (they do the same with memory... it really piss me off)

secondo

insert your cd\dvd into in the drive wait for the autoplay menu
                    from there i think (im at work) you can click on advance or something (its one of the optioins in the autoplay menu)
                    when you click on that, youll see more option and one is Update your drivers

click on it... but its useless... those are Nvidia drivers

You have a Dell im almost sure

if you do go there
                    Dell SUpport Page
                    put your service tag (you can find it under your case or on the side)

and go to the video card driver page install them and try again

if you dont have a Dell (or maybe a HP a IBM or a Compaq)
                    you should be able to install Nvidia drivers without any problem... if you do have problem... then something is wrong with your drivers or OS... uninstall drivers and reinstall if still no go.... Format and reinstall.

GL

PS: you still can play with older drivers just a bit more laggy...

Comment

Working...
                    X