Battlefield 2 Just Hangs!!! Randomly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Just Hangs!!! Randomly!

I Have been playing it for a lil while and i think it might have something to do with my soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS), Ill be playing along quite nicely then all of a sudden it just hangs ... and requires a hard reboot!! Its reallllly annoying me now!!

Is there any particular fixes that you guys can recommend ??

Any help would be MUCHLY apreciated ... ta!

Well, I switched from an Audigy 2 to Realtek (Onboard) because of crackling. After that I started getting CtD's. I did all the usual, reinstall, driverclean in safe mode, blah blah blah. Well the only thing that worked for me was when I ordered a new Audigy 2 ZS and formatted with a fresh XP install. Works great now. First thing I'd do is turn the Audio settings to low, EAX off, and set it to software. See if that helps. If it works after that, change it back to hardware, test, then turn up to med, test...etc.

Comment

I think I have the same problem!

BF (and sometimes XP) will suddenly stop, playing the same tone all the time.

I'll try the sound tip and report back.

Comment

I used to have the same problem guys......

so I switched to onboard audio and I've never had the problem since then. Also, try downloading different video drivers, etc.

Comment

I have tried switching video drivers, but no luck there.

I have a Soundblaster Live! 1024 and using 4.1 speaker system. Have onboard audio really evolved to make it better than SB Live with EAX??

Comment

I liked my onboard Realtek, but everyone was boasting about the Audigy sound quality so I gave it another shot. I can't tell any difference except I don't CtD anymore, which is a bonus.

Comment

I have a logitech 5300e surround sound system and I use onboard sound. I've never heard it plugged into a sound card, so I don't know if there are any advantages. My friend has an older logitech model with an audigy 4 and swears it's far better than onboard. Problem is I'm cheap and don't even want to spend the money on an Audigy 2, let alone an Audigy 4.

Comment

Working...
              X