base camping again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• base camping again

i have read afew post about base camping during the games. Well, some people seemed ok with it and others didn't. Well, i got a taste of it last nite playing on a map. All the flags were capped except the MEC base. I think the US players had all the armor and buggies and anything else they can ride under their control. They all camped at the MEC base and soon as you were spawned, you were killed. I spawned in a few times and finally got so pissed, i had to quit. Let me tell you, it really really sucked.

I can be honest and say i have though about picking up my sniper rifle and doing this myself, but haven't done it. After getting a taste, i know i will not ever do this. I dont see how it could have been fun for them to just sit and pick us off.

Oh well, just needed to vent a bit. Guess we have all seen it and had it done to us as well. see you all in the field!

but if you were the one doing the spawn raping.. you wouldn't be complaining.

Comment

sorry but i have no sympathy for you. If all your flags were capped except 1 then they have every right to base rape your ass. What were they gonna do sit outside the base and drink tea ? sorry dude give me a break. You got to suck it up and next time learn to defend your base or cap all the flags so you can go spawn kill the mec/usmc

If not all your flags were capped and there was some jack ass raping your base then yeah id agree with you. Had it on karkand where start of the game some mec whore comes right to the usmc back base and proceeds spawn killing. If its on my server and you do that its an instant kick and ban. I only accept spec ops in the main when not all te flags are capped. If either team has capped all the flags then i allow spec ops and spawn killing.

Comment

you wont find me doing the spawn raping. i know its part of the game and it wont change, but being on the end getting the raping sucks. I was just saying that i have read about it a few times and finally got a taste of it and seen how bad it really is. The tickets just don't count down fast enough to end the round when this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by andy2006
          sorry but i have no sympathy for you. If all your flags were capped except 1 then they have every right to base rape your ass. What were they gonna do sit outside the base and drink tea ? sorry dude give me a break. You got to suck it up and next time learn to defend your base or cap all the flags so you can go spawn kill the mec/usmc

If not all your flags were capped and there was some jack ass raping your base then yeah id agree with you. Had it on karkand where start of the game some mec whore comes right to the usmc back base and proceeds spawn killing. If its on my server and you do that its an instant kick and ban. I only accept spec ops in the main when not all te flags are capped. If either team has capped all the flags then i allow spec ops and spawn killing.
          I understand what you are saying. I'm not asking for EA or anyone else to stop or fix anything. I was just saying after being on the receving end, i know how bad it sucks. I could have left the server, but I didn't. I stayed and played a few more rounds. It didn't happen anymore while I was on that map.

Comment

Since we are able to spawn on our squad leader I have no issues with base camping, I have joined a squad just to spawn and then left if someone is camping. If your down to 1 flag, to bad, you suck anyway. Is a squad leader hiding inside the perimeter of an enemy base so his squad can spawn on him fair? or is that "hiding in your base so we can spawn on you camping?" its all relative get over it, it does suck spawning and getting killed, but so what, a kill is a kill, a death is a death...........................words to the wise...."dont be caught dead with a necrophilliac"

Comment

yeah gotta love the @$$holes who try to justify base rapeing, and then the retards say what else are you supposed to do? Well how about cap the f'ing flagg and end the map. Of course the dip$hit f@ggots have no sympathy becuase they are too greedy to understand that some losers were stat padding in the corner shorting your team 4 to 6 people until the last flag is being raped and then quite leaving your side to be spawn killed for free points. So when you see these goofs posting stupid $hit pretending their solid, just lay into them like I just did.

Comment

If there are vehicles, arty, enemy that have the potential to kill you I don't see the harm in destroying those things. Granted it may not be the most honorable way of getting kills but it could have an effect on the course of the battle.

Many times I have seen the attack helo slaughter tons of peeps w/little to no resistance. Now if he is taking off/landing/getting repaird from a non capturable base why shouldn't I be able to sit at that base and take it out over and over?

I understand the original post in that peeps are getting spawn killed at a noncapturable base with no other bases (which I agree sux). However, if you just stay at the spawn screen you don't have to worry about getting spawned killed and if everyone would do that the round would be over in no time.

Comment

Personally I'm against it. I have a feeling that the people that say its OK like it because its like shooting fish in a barrel.

I've been on both sides of the fence, on the team that was trapped, and on a team that was spawn raping the last point. When I'm on the winning team, I didn't do it, I chose to defend a spawn point instead of getting the easy stats. When I'm on the losing team, and my SL is dead and we are getting raped, I'll just wait it out and stay dead ( don't select a spawn point). No points for you!!!

What a lot of people fail to realize, is that this game is not only about the stats, its about having fun. Both sides having fun, winning or losing. I don't mind losing at all, as long as I'm having fun.

Comment

Non capture is a whole different ball game, what the thread is about is the people who do not take a flag that can be capped. The sit in view of the spawn inserts and cut you down for free points. When all the inserts are covered by campers you cannot spawn and its just not cool. Ask any real BF2 player and he/she will tell you the real love of the game comes from the intense sea saw battle, not a bunch of spawn killers camping you because some stat padders or deserters wasted your map.

Comment

GO play BF:V then talk to us about base raping.. Nothing will compare to base raping with the MI:8 or huey

Comment

they didnt want to let you guys go because then you could of been defeated

they are too scared you will advance and beat them

Comment

Originally posted by andy2006
                          What were they gonna do sit outside the base and drink tea ? sorry dude give me a break. You got to suck it up and next time learn to defend your base or cap all the flags so you can go spawn kill the mec/usmc

Had it on karkand where start of the game some mec whore comes right to the usmc back base and proceeds spawn killing.
                          And...the difference between the two is? He never stated if the flag was cappable or not, or if it was the beginning or end of game.

Yeah I think they should defend thier bases. Not go to main and rape. That's pointless. Would be more fun to let them breath alittle before you suffocate.

Comment

I think some of you exagerrate a bit too much.

Each flag/base has 3 or 4 different spawn points. So, the enemy can not cover them all. You have different classes that can handle vehicles (AT or Spec Ops .. even Assault to a lesser degree). Each base has some sort of mounted defense, not to mention other vehicles. USE THEM.

Yea, it might take you and your buddies 2 or 3 deaths before you get rid of that pesky chopper and tank. So ****ing what? Grow some balls and quit being such babies.

There are so many options to avoid this, you just need to use your brain.

1) Switch to AT
                            2) Grab a TOW or Stinger
                            3) Pick a new squad that happened to make it out of the base.
                            4) Grab a jeep and run for it
                            5) Go stealth and hide. Sneak out of the base.

I have never been in a situation where one team has baseraped for more than 4-5 minutes. At some point the tables swing back and the game turns back into the merry-go-round of flag capping.

Comment

well, in it's best light, base raping is just plain un-sportsmanlike. but, I would bet a majority of the gamers involved in that conduct have no clue about sportsmanship and honorable competition.

I just look for servers that are well admin'd and do not allow base raping of any nature, for any excuse. it is what it is fellas.

Comment

Working...
                              X