Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does BF2 Support Athlon X2 64 Processors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BF2 Support Athlon X2 64 Processors?

Hi There !

I have an Athlon 64 3200+ Processor @ 2400Mhz in my Computer. I was thinking aboutz buying an Athlon 64 X2 3800+. The question is : Will it be faster in BF2 or even slower than my A64 3200+ @ 2400 MHZ?
    PLZ Help

MFG

JT

um **** yeah. its 4800 compared to the one u have now which is 3200 and doesnt matter which chip u have as long as its runing the specified OS which might be, Windows XP/2000

Comment

Do not get a dual core processor for gaming. Waste of money. Get an FX-55 or if u have the money FX-57. Save up for the 55 if you can't afford it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitemare
        Do not get a dual core processor for gaming. Waste of money. Get an FX-55 or if u have the money FX-57. Save up for the 55 if you can't afford it right now.
        Spot on. All current games are single threaded. FX are the top gaming chips. Unless you need to rip DVDs and search the web while playing BF2.

Comment

ok just get like 1200$ for that FX and youll be on ur way to sucesfull gaming. but sirously just stick with the one u got and upgrade something else

Comment

Neo - I want that Geforce 7950 Ultra setup where did you source them from? Where they custom made?

Comment

Its was a demo setup from Nvidia. Im sleeping with one of the Tech gals.

Comment

Are you also sleeping with some Gal at Creative, so you can test out and Audigy 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Buttawipo
                  Hi There !

I have an Athlon 64 3200+ Processor @ 2400Mhz in my Computer. I was thinking aboutz buying an Athlon 64 X2 3800+. The question is : Will it be faster in BF2 or even slower than my A64 3200+ @ 2400 MHZ?
                  PLZ Help
                  X2 3800+ runs at 2 x 2000 MHz. Since BF2 isn't multithreaded, so you'll just waste money.

Comment

Whether or not it's a waste of money, BF2 runs like an absolute dream on my AMD 64 X2 4400+.

Comment

Working...
                    X