"There is a problem with your connection" - suddenly started happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There is a problem with your connection" - suddenly started happening

I've been playing the game since it came out with little to no problems - I got "There is a problem with your connection" maybe once a week and it would let me back into the game after just a pause. Now suddenly this week I can scarcely play a round without being completly disconnected from the server with the connection error (and I've tried many servers).

Any ideas why all of a sudden I'd have issues? To the best of my knowledge I haven't changed anything - I certainly haven't changed my network. Its always connect at 54Mbs full strength.

People mention disabling firewall.. I have a DGL-4300 (D-Link wireless gaming router). In it I can disable the firewall for a bunch of ports in the "gaming" section but it asks me for an IP - what IP do I use? - the IP from my PC that I am playing the game on? (if so that is troublesome becuase I use different computers)

I dont know i wish i could help ya out hmmm... Welcome to total bf2

Comment

I think i'm having the same problem as you, but i have no god damn idea what it is

Comment

Re: "There is a problem with your connection" - suddenly started happening

I dont suppose you recently bought any new hardware? Dual-Core processor to be exact?

Comment

its a BF2 problem, cause i can stay connected to other games for hours with no problems. hopefully the patch will fix this issue as well

Comment

I too, am suffering from this new problem.

My guess is that it is PB related.

Comment

Working...
            X