Grenade Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenade Launcher

This infamous "noob tube" is titled as such because of its splash damage and ability to be lobbed almost randomly and to register a hit.

If it is used skillfully, It is even more dangerous. What are your tactics with this? I want to see when other people run with it on, and with the rifle.

I usually have it off when in very close quarters, like in a building. This is because you can run face to face with an enemy, and the splash damage may kill you that close. The gun is better here.

It is at its most useful in a medium range, like when you see an enemy a few meters away from you. It is also good from a good height, you can lob it down to lower ground enemies.

At very long range, it becomes inaccurate, so I think the gun is better here again.

One thing to do is to be ready to switch to the main gun after you fire the nade launcher, because you may miss and you can finish off the damaged opponent, or attack someone else that your nade launcher missed.

I am looking for good comments on this weapon, and I realize it is controversial, but let's keep it civil!

I really dont see what comments you're looking for.

You just said everything there is to say about it.

Comment

I usually shoot it at people hiding behind short walls/cars/trees ect.ect. Makes them move and i put it back on auto and take 'em down.

Comment

It is also good to jump backwards if you are caught firing at close range, you may save yourself from the splash damage.

Question: Does anyone right click to zoom in? I never do it with this nade launcher, but I wonder if it is more effective?

Comment

if i told u my tactics id have to kill you.

Comment

How do y'all aim it? I sincerely hate getting rained on by m203's at Karkand, and it would be wonderful to know how to aim the darn thing. I've practiced a little, but the pop-up sights seem worthless.

Comment

Go into that complex of three buildings under construction at Sharqi and rack up kills. You will probably run out of ammo though. Especially if the other team holds the flag, you can hit them as they respawn. Cheap, but effective.

Comment

I always have it out if I see a group of 2+ on a UAV scan. Also, if you're setting up an ambush fire off a round in the direction where you're expecting the enemy to come from and adjust accordingly. And I always use it on hummers and apcs. Depending on the angle it's either a turret shot or straight in the back.

As far as aiming, the only thing I can say is practice. And if you are going to miss, miss short so you will at least obscure their vision.

Comment

I think I played against you the other day, HorrorBussiness. You ran me over with a Humvee, and I expect an apology for it.

Comment

Originally posted by alecs36
                    I usually shoot it at people hiding behind short walls/cars/trees ect.ect. Makes them move and i put it back on auto and take 'em down.
                    same here except i try to kill em and if i dont then hopefully they run

Comment

k here we go:

Practice is what determines your skills with it. ive shot short or long many many times and got killed countless times without doing any damage to them...you jsut need to get used to the weapon....also...get a height advantage on your opponent. the worst shot u can make is firing up hill due to the sloped trajectory....always fire from a higher elevation if u can....also, fire when your in the air at the top of your jump....people will mistake this for bunny hopping but its not cuz you only need to jump once to get to height and then the target will be dead before u land. never never shoot running sideways....it doesnt go remotely near where u want it to go....if your running and jumping and shooting always run strait at the target and then fire...it wont deviate nearly as much as it does any other way....make use of walls and other terrain objects.....dont go for a direct hit on a target that u can barely see when u can get him with splash damage cuz hes too close to the wall behind him. think before you shoot and get off your highest percentage shot...these are the techniques that work for me and if u look at my stats i used to whore the launcher alot...at one time i was 1st overall. anyways ill add something if i can think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Champion
                        I think I played against you the other day, HorrorBussiness. You ran me over with a Humvee, and I expect an apology for it.
                        lmao. Sorry, man :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                        X