Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: Emirate Isle

Emirate Isle

This is the official Emirate Isle (EI for short) thread.

QUICK INFO:
    Countries - US vs. MEC
    Players - 64
    Story -
    "Before the war started, Emirate Isle, off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, was a vacation spot for Americans living in the Middle East. The island was co-owned by the MEC and the US, in the south and north respectively, both had military units stationed there. One day the MEC received intelligence that the Secretary of State was on the island; this was their chance to strike and start the war decisively. At 12:23 local time the War started with the crack of a single snipers bullet. That’s when all hell was unleashed. The subsequent battle can only be described with one word... INTENSE!"

FAQ:
    Q. What is Emirate Isle?
    A. Emirate Isle is the name of a map project for Battlefield 2.

Q. Is the Emirate Isle map going to be for a mod?
    A. No, EI is for Vanilla BF2.

Q. Why is it named Emirate Isle?
    A. For that you must refer to the story. (below)

Q. What is the basic shape of the map?
    A. EI is a small rectangular island. There is one road going the length of the island with buildings on both sides. There are seven spawn points, one neutral in the middle and the rest on either side with their respective sides. I will post the blueprints soon.

Q. Where will most of the combat take place?
    A. Most of the combat will take place inside buildings, some on the roof and some on the street.

Post more questions and I will answer them here.

=============================================
    This blueprint is free for anyone to develop a map from. All you need to do is site it in the credits for your map.

Story- "The USMC have landed on a small island off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, they wish to set up a base camp for their planned invasion of that country. After they land to their surprise they find the Middle Eastern Coalition already inhabiting the island. The subsequent battle can only be described with one word... INTENSE!"
    I think that the sentence in bold above would be very unlikly considering the modern day recon technology. I could be wrong. I am a concept deisgner check out my post here maybe I can help.

Comment

Hmmm... yes I will fix that. Thanks!

Comment

wouldnt they look for somewhat of a biug island to hold other the troops,armor,troops,supplies,oil,food,water for the invashion + maybe an air strip now putting all taht on a small island, no. i think they would keep looking for a bigger island.

Comment

okay guys, I changed the story.

oh and the blueprint is half done.

Comment

blueprint done! will show to any modders interested in helping. Can't show public becuase it has secret areas and such.

Comment

dont use world war 3, that sounds lame and cliche

Comment

wow, you guys are hard to satisfy!

Comment

Ahem.. BF2 is WW3, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by AirRaidSiren
                    Ahem.. BF2 is WW3, is it not?
                    Ehh... more like American-Asian war :P

Comment

Due to me getting a life, I will no longer be making this map.

This blueprint is free for anyone to develop a map from. All you need to do is site it in the credits for your map.

Comment

Originally posted by Raslin
                        Ehh... more like American-Asian war :P
                        Yeah it ain't world war without Russia!

Comment

Damn Iloved This Map Itwas Cool

Comment

Re: Project: Emirate Isle

I think the design of the island is a sound one- lotsa interesting streetfighting opportunities- and that can only be a good thing (especially with no helos or jets!!!!). Perhaps a perimeter road (so you can zip around in the jeeps) and watch towers/emplaced weapons on island vantage points.

Someone needs to make this map

Comment

Re: Project: Emirate Isle

Originally posted by Turtle-ZED
                              I think the design of the island is a sound one- lotsa interesting streetfighting opportunities- and that can only be a good thing (especially with no helos or jets!!!!). Perhaps a perimeter road (so you can zip around in the jeeps) and watch towers/emplaced weapons on island vantage points.

Someone needs to make this map
                              well i would make that map, but there are a lot of missing objects in the editor. i just finished my city map and it was so hard. i dont think i ll make any other city maps in near future, at least before they fix the editor. my biggest problem was the intersections. none of the intersections included with the editor match current road templates which is funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X