Increasse the zoom with the sniper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasse the zoom with the sniper???

OK , if you push the right buttom , appears the zoom mode , but its posible increase this zoom with the sniper? thanks.

No you can't and not 100% shore but also in real life most snipers don't zoom either.

Comment

no, its not possible. there's only one level of zooming.

Comment

Originally posted by P3teR
        No you can't and not 100% shore but also in real life most snipers don't zoom either.
        and in RL, snipers DO zoom...its called using a scope. as for havin diff levels of magnification, i believe that they only have one level.

Comment

i don't know why the military would be using scopes with only 1x zoom when you can go to walmart and buy a scope with at least 10x zoom or more.

Comment

Well some scopes in REAL LIFE have diffrent magnification levels but they are expensive and not standard millitary equipment.

I would like it if the SVD had the zoom if has now and the M24 had like 8x zoom and the M95 had 12x zoom.

I belive all three have 4x now, correct me if im wrong.

Also it would be nice to have scope unlocks to choose a 4X scope or a 8x scope.

And maybe get a red dot sight for the L85A1 instead of the standard?

But at the moment there is only ONE level of zoom and only ONE kind of scope/sight for each weapon.

//Cadde

Comment

I'm not aware of any US military unit that offers multi-magnification scopes to it's marksmen. They do exist, though, with the more sophisticated ones having a quick flip between magnification levels, like you experience at an eye doctor.

The reason the military doesn't use the cheap, Walmart 'continuous zoom' style scopes is for range finding purposes. The mildots are sized relative to the scope's power. When you slowly zoom in and out at indetermined fractions of magnification, you make the mildots meaningless. The expensive scope I mentioned has recalibrated mildots for each magnification. I wish I could remember who made it, I feel like it's Springfield Armory and one of their internal bubble-level models, but it's been a while since I went scope shopping.

The stock Remington M24 rifle system comes with a 10x Leupold Ultra M3 scope. Most snipers/marksmen I know say anything over 10 power is over-scoped for situations they'll get into (particularly for urban environments).

I've seen Dragunov scopes in 4x, 6x, and 8x. I have no information on what was 'standard issue' though. I'm not an expert on Ruskie hardware.

As far as the 95M, I honestly didn't know it was in widespread use for the USMC. I thought they only used the M107 (Military designation of the M82A1). The Military 'packages' of the M82A1 I've handled have come with a Leupold VariX III Scope (10x magnification). That said, I've seen M107 packages listed online with a Leupold MARK 4 LongRange/Tactical 4.5-14X50 M1 MilDot scope, but I have no information on this package actually being in use.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Wynterheart
                i don't know why the military would be using scopes with only 1x zoom when you can go to walmart and buy a scope with at least 10x zoom or more.
                1x would just be an empty metal tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebus007
                  and in RL, snipers DO zoom...its called using a scope. as for havin diff levels of magnification, i believe that they only have one level.
                  yeah and i hate that this game doenst allow it i think thats 1 thing i liked about BHD u could zoom on ur sniper rifles

Comment

that happens to me all the time. and he shoots the left side of the ground infront of me and everyone hears the sniper and snipes me back

Comment

The standard for the Dragunov is a PSO-1 4X scope. The Type88 is designed to fit a 4X scope.

All four sniper rifles in the game have an equal 4X zoom. An M24 and M95 with their standard 10X scopes would be kind of unbalanced against the eastern countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Alti
                        1x would just be an empty metal tube.
                        lol indeed.

to my knowledge, the only "1x" scopes u would see on weapons are red-dot scopes, which offer no magnification, just the quick-acquisition dot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadde
                          And maybe get a red dot sight for the L85A1 instead of the standard?

//Cadde
                          The l85A1 does not need a red dot sight as the SUSAT is the equivilant of the red dot. remember that the l85 is a british weapon and uses a british aiming system. Red dots are for the yanks

Comment

I think it would be cool if one of the unlocks was a scope kit... be able to choose which scope your rfile has at the spawn screen. Like for dalian a 10 or 12x sniper scope would rock, but for karkand you'd only want a 4x.

Comment

sorry for the really really late reply, but you can change the zoom on the sniper rifles.
                              ---all credit for this post goes to GXR1---
                              Make a new mod using your BF2 mod directory. Then do this to try out multiple sniper zooms bound to your mouse wheel.

edit the usrif_m24.tweak found in the objects_server.zip file

You can have multiple zooms by adding as many lines as you like. You access the zooms by continuing to right click or with your mousewheel as stated below...

For example, I like the zoom function in Far Cry so I put in the following.

ObjectTemplate.zoom.addZoomFactor 0
                              ObjectTemplate.zoom.addZoomFactor 0.5
                              ObjectTemplate.zoom.addZoomFactor 0.2
                              ObjectTemplate.zoom.addZoomFactor 0.09
                              ObjectTemplate.zoom.addZoomFactor 0.06
                              ObjectTemplate.zoom.addZoomFactor 0.03

However, if you just want 3 zooms then only add three lines below ObjectTemplate.zoom.addZoomFactor 0

To bind the alt-fire zoom for your mousewheel just follow these instructions:

Under Infantry look for this line in your controls.con file found in your profile.

ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire IDFMouse IDButton_1 0 0

Change it to this

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
                              OR
                              ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIAltFire IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0

You'll have to experiment, it all depends on how your mouse is setup in game. One of those is Wheel Up and the other is Wheel Down. I don't know which is which.

Next scroll down to the bottom where you'll find

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PINextItem -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
                              ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIPrevItem IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0

You can delete these. They make the mousewheel select through your inventory

-------------------------------
                              You can even add all three sniper rifles to a sniper kit. For example, I edited the US_Sniper.con and each sniper rifle tweak index so I can play with all three rifles in Single Player/CO-OP.

US_Sniper.con

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate USPIS_92FS_silencer
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate USHGR_M67
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate USMIN_Claymore
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate kni_knife
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate ussni_m95_barret
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate gbrif_l96a1
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate UnlockUSSniper
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate UnlockUSSniper2
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate ParachuteLauncher
                              ObjectTemplate.addTemplate USRIF_M24

In game here are my options now:
                              1 Knife
                              2 Pistol
                              3 M24 Sniper Rifle
                              4 Grenade
                              5 Claymore
                              6 M95 Sniper Rifle
                              7 L96A1 Sniper Rifle
                              8 Unassigned
                              9 Parachute

By default the M95 and L96A1 tweak files have an ObjectTemplate.itemIndex 3. You have to change the index to the open index file. So the M95 now is changed to ObjectTemplate.itemIndex 6 whereas the L96A1 is changed to ObjectTemplate.itemIndex 7
                              You can do this with all the kits/weapon tweak files. However, you are maxed out with a total of 9 indexes.

Comment

Working...
                              X