Screen goes black have to reboot!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen goes black have to reboot!!!!

Okay, I am getting sick of this. I have a new system with a fresh load and I get a system crash every 30 minutes or so playing this frickin game. The screen will go black and the only way to get my system back up is a hard boot. It did this to me for around 2 - 3 weeks before it wouldn't even reboot. I did a low level format, tested the hard drive and memory with memtest86, reinstalled XP SP2 with all of the latest drivers and guess what? Yes you guessed it, the problem is still there!!!! Any ideas? Anyone?

I am so looking forward to the new xbox! I am getting so frickin tired of dealing with PC's at this moment.

I think I'm having the same problem. video card stops sending signal to my monitor. I've tried everything I can think of, minus buying a new computer. I even bought a better fan and heatsink for my X700 Pro just in case it was overheating, but temps are fine and it still does this. Just randomly stops sending signal to monitor and I have to rebooot.

Craig

Comment

what resolution are u playing? have u tried changing resolutions to see how it goes?
      maybe this is not the solution, but im saying it because my OLD monitor doesnt support to many resolutions sometimes, so... im just trying to help here, dont flame me!! (just in case )

Comment

Originally posted by TRS*MajorPaynE
        I am so looking forward to the new xbox! I am getting so frickin tired of dealing with PC's at this moment.
        all i have to say is xbox is goin to be better, but it is goin to be the same as a pc. bill gates is a nerdy/greedy s.o.b. who wants our dam money. the best he could do for a poor kid is wipes his nose wit money in front of the poor kids face. all it will be is a xbox and a 64x2 bit comp. all it will do is surf the dam internet, and u have to use the little gamepad, then u actually MAYBE able to rent games and STORE it on to ur harddrive. sounds like a comp to me. all i have to say to bill gates is: ur wife is all in for the money because who the hell would marry a piece of crap like u.
        -even though i like windows, i dont like him personally. just like his works.

Comment

Post hardware, drivers and game settings plz.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
            Post hardware, drivers and game settings plz.
            My hardware is in my sig. As far as the drivers go.

* XP SP2 all up to date
            * Video driver 77.72
            * Board drivers 6.66 from Nvidia site (My last build was with the drivers from the Gigabyte site)
            * Sound drivers SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031 from the Creative Labs site

Comment

What PSU do you have? I get this sometimes too and I have a 420w PSU (i know its barely enough).

Comment

Originally posted by cha0tic
                What PSU do you have? I get this sometimes too and I have a 420w PSU (i know its barely enough).

I have a Antec TruePower 380Watt ATX12V. This is suppose to be enough for the system according to the specs.....

Comment

After all this trouble of reinstalling my OS I have found my problem. My video card is getting too hot and locking my system up. I have 2 120 fans in the case but apparently that isn't enough. I have everything running at stock speeds in my system but the BFG card comes overclocked. I ran it last night with my cover off and played for 1 1/2 hours with out any problems. These BFG cards are notorious for running hot. My case stays around 42 - 45 C but my video card at idle is at 62 and under load hits 94. At least they have a life time warranty!

Comment

Well for about 45-50 you can pickup an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5. That would definitely cool that puppy down. I'm glad you determined the problem though. The BFG cards are supposed to be solid performers and with a NV Silencer I bet you'll have no more issues.

Comment

i get the black screen also..but mine comes out of it after 15-30 secs

Comment

Wolverine, When it comes out of it does it go to the desktop or are you still in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by lcplsickoll
                          Well for about 45-50 you can pickup an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5. That would definitely cool that puppy down. I'm glad you determined the problem though. The BFG cards are supposed to be solid performers and with a NV Silencer I bet you'll have no more issues.

This sounds like the way to go but the only issue is that I will be voiding the warranty. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835186132 Should I try some solutions with my case first or would it be just a waste of my time?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Damn I didn't realize changing fans could void the warranty. Well you can try reconfiguring/adding fans. I have 2 88mm rear exhaust, 2 88mm front intake, 1 88mm sidepanel, and 1 120mm top fan. My case temps run around 32C. I run an ATI Silencer though and that blows the really hot air from the GPU straight out the back through a vent that installs into a PCI slot opening. This is what helps keep my case temp low.

Comment

Originally posted by lcplsickoll
                              I used arctic cooling for my 9800pro, only cost me £16 and it has gone from crashing within 5 mins to 1 crash in 150+ hours play. I imagine it voided my warranty but i didn't check :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                              X