what to upgrade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to upgrade...

i have a 3.2 ghz, p4 with ht- 1 gig ram- 6800gt 256mb vid card- a 150 gig hd- and a ABIT IS7-E mobo,...

should i get more ram?

Do you have a sound card? If not, get an Augidy2 ZS. Its relatively cheap (cheaper then system memory). Your setup should allow you to have max or near max settings.

Comment

512 more ram

Comment

Ram for the win!

Comment

Or for the waste, depends upon which way you look at it. I have 1GB of RAM and have never had an issue with BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
            Or for the waste, depends upon which way you look at it. I have 1GB of RAM and have never had an issue with BF2.
            The "high" on textures eats RAM like totilla-chips. I will upgrade on 2 Gigs, too. At the beginnig of a new round on a new map my HDDs work like crazy and there are lags - I think it´s using the outsourced memory on the HDDs too much with 1 Gig only.

Comment

Go from 1 gig to 2 gigs then tell me it's a waste.

Comment

Well then, please do explain how my system runs everything maxed out:

P4 3.4Ghz
                1024 DDR2-5400 Kingston HyperX
                Audigy2 ZS
                X850XT PE
                Abit AA8-DuraMAX
                (2)WD 74GB Raptors [RAID 0]
                XP Pro w/SP2

Comment

I'm sure yours runs it fine, go to 2 gigs and see the difference yourself. It's not like I'm making this **** up. Eh, some people just like to argue....

Comment

you have ddr2 clown :P

Comment

DDR2 does not mean anything, DDR2 just allows for higher clock speeds, other then that, there is no difference.

Comment

go for 2GB RAM.

Comment

well i am thinking- that ill get another gig of ram- and then later this yaer upgrade to an sli mobo- and another 6800gt- thanks for the input guys.

whats the best ram for the buck? im definately going to get a gig not 512.

Comment

Get a better processor 3.2 ghz is good but AMD processors just out class the intel pent 4's. I suggest AMD 3800+ or higher.

Comment

posibly but how much would that cost?

Comment

Working...
                              X