Shift Key not allowed for crouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Key not allowed for crouch?

I just picked up BF2 yesterday and one of the first things I did after starting up the game was customize my controls. Now, I like having my crouch key as left shift. However, when I removed Left Shift from the Run Key and tried to add it to my Crouch Key, it stated I could not because Left Shift was being used in my Vehical controls. So I go and remove Left Shift from my vehical controls and try again. It now says that it is used in my Air controls, but Left Shift isn't being used there. Any clues as to what is causing this bug?

Left shift is the afterburner in air controls, it is there, look for it.

Comment

the only problem i had was i forgot to hit esc to remove the old key

Comment

Okay, I took the Shift Key off of the Aircraft controls, but guess what? It says I have the Shift Key located in the Water controls! Now I have searched over the water controls, but I haven't found it.

Even if I do somehow turn all of the Shift Keys off, this shouldn't be happening. I should be able to have one Shift Key assigned to each and every different type of control.

Comment

I have the same problem. It insists the key is being used in the helicoptor controls, even though I did remove from there

Comment

And also... you cant use numpad keys except for "Numeric zero" and "Numeric ."

Comment

you can go into mydocuments/bf2/profiles
              find the correct one (each user has different folder)
              edit controls.con (use wordpad or similar)
              NOT notepad (it will change it to a text file)
              find the keys you want to change (ie already in use)
              and delete the line they are in
              then you can map it in the game setup
              (make sure you copy the file first!)

Comment

Weird thing happened to me.. I had SHIFT as my prone key ever since the demo. The other day, I was looking for my afterburner key for planes, and it turned out to be SHIFT also

Weird

Comment

I have shift as my crouch key and works fine.

Comment

Re: Shift Key not allowed for crouch?

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                    you can go into mydocuments/bf2/profiles
                    find the correct one (each user has different folder)
                    edit controls.con (use wordpad or similar)
                    NOT notepad (it will change it to a text file)
                    find the keys you want to change (ie already in use)
                    and delete the line they are in
                    then you can map it in the game setup
                    (make sure you copy the file first!)
                    Hi i tried what u said.But i cant find a controls.con.
                    In the map "ea games\battlefield2\profiles" there is a settings.con the file is 114 bytes,but if i open it get only:
                    LocalProfile.setDefaultUserEmail ""
                    LocalProfile.setDefaultUserPassword ""
                    LocalProfile.setDefaultGSProfile ""

In "ea games\battlefield2\profiles\local\default\ are several maps but no controls.con.Please help me out.

Greetz ToBbErT!

Comment

not the Program files, its in (Drive):My Documents\Battlefield 2\

Comment

Hi guys

Ive deleted all keys that were bounded to "left shift".
                        But when i want to bind "left shift" to crouch it keeps saying
                        duplicate found in helicopter controls.It's just impossible to get it done,ive have tried several ways but no succes.There is a bug that just keeps popping up.I searched the whole ea site for a bug report section but i cant find it.Let's just hope they will fix it.

yesterday i found this on the ea site there are some awsome updates in 1.03:

Here are just a few of the fixes you can expect to see in the 1.03 patch:
                        • Server and Client performance improvements.
                        • Improved Server Browser – added Favorites and History Lists.
                        • Point-farming prevention - game will stop Support/Medic/Engineer point farming exploits.
                        • Squads - locked squad leader will get a message if someone wants to join.
                        • Many HUD improvements - see the names of others in your vehicle, zoom level changing depending on vehicle, map zoom depending on map setup (16, 32 or 64 player map) etc.
                        • Teamkilling changes – the logic of how teamkills are tracked will be changed.
                        • Gameplay tweaks - the way transport helicopters work will be tweaked.
                        • Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points.
                        There are over 140 fixes and improvements in the 1.03 patch and we're looking forward to everyone moving to 1.03 to get the best Battlefield 2 experience on a level, cheat-free playing field.

(http://www.eagames.com/official/batt...yupdate_072205)

Comment

Working...
                        X