Most annoying game ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most annoying game ever...

I logged onto a game...take AGES to load...but the loading time was nothing compared to the "autherisation" phase...which took about 12 minutes. Once it had loaded, the game was over and showed me the score board (i did actually beat 12 other players). Started loading again... ...autherisation...another 12 minutes.

When the game loaded, it was totally unplayable because of the worst lag ive even seen...yet my ping was 12ms and the average ping was 42ms.

By the time the lag cleared up and after id died twice for no apparent reason, i regained control of my character. 20 seconds later, the round ended and i had to reload. The next few games were playable but laggy...yet my ping dropped to 9 ms...

I've played a server with a ping of 182ms (the server browser listed it at 0ms) and the game was fine.

Whats your specs?

Comment

Maybe it was the server, or maybe one of the players who screwed the game for all!

Comment

FYI

One player with a high ping will not affect gameplay for the rest ... unless it's an incredibly high ping (as in, over 1000). At least, that's what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUB
          FYI

One player with a high ping will not affect gameplay for the rest ... unless it's an incredibly high ping (as in, over 1000). At least, that's what I've heard.
          yep, sounds right to me.. Ive played with people that ping at 280+ but below 500 and my game play is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi
            I logged onto a game...take AGES to load...but the loading time was nothing compared to the "autherisation" phase...which took about 12 minutes. Once it had loaded, the game was over and showed me the score board (i did actually beat 12 other players). Started loading again... ...autherisation...another 12 minutes.

When the game loaded, it was totally unplayable because of the worst lag ive even seen...yet my ping was 12ms and the average ping was 42ms.

By the time the lag cleared up and after id died twice for no apparent reason, i regained control of my character. 20 seconds later, the round ended and i had to reload. The next few games were playable but laggy...yet my ping dropped to 9 ms...

I've played a server with a ping of 182ms (the server browser listed it at 0ms) and the game was fine.
            Its your hardware m8 dont blame the game!

Post ure system specs and somebody may be able to help.

Comment

IT'S ALL YOU BUDDY!

Put your Commodore 64 in the garage sale box and go get a real machine.

Comment

Make sure that you are NOT using the 'Play BF2 Now' desktop shortcut as it contains the switch -playnow 1 and will try and connect you automatically to a totally inappropriate server and take ages to do it.

Comment

ROFL!

I play with a 1.8GHz Athlon, 256MB (yes, 256) RAM, and a 128MB FX5200.

I get the stutters at the beginning of the map and it takes a while to load, but it's playable. From the looks of it, you must have a HORRIBLE machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi

Never join servers with 0 ping, as these are the ones with the highest ping (I believe above 999ms), hence it cannot be displayed. Join a server with the LOWEST ping, but ABOVE 0.

Comment

My computer is naff, but it usually runs far better than that. I get loading / swapping stutters (which are particularly annoying after ages loading)...but its playable. I run the game on low specs so it runs fine.

That was terrible. Like my graphics card had disappeared.

My main grievence was the un-pressidented 12 minute verification time, the rounds where only 20 mins lol. Why does it need to do that every time?...i mean i didnt leave the server. Its not like i can install a cheaky mod in between rounds.

Mostly im just ranting to vent my frustration...i feel better now though...thanks.

***plus you can easily tell the difference between system lag and network lag...if characters are jumping from place to place or hovering around, its not PC slowdown.

Comment

loading time on my pc including verifcation is always under a minute.
                        In game, even with 64 players i get very little lag or stuttering.
                        My PC is about a year old so its not the latest spec.
                        i suggest you update your pc if you want to play the latest games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yello(PL)
                          Never join servers with 0 ping, as these are the ones with the highest ping (I believe above 999ms), hence it cannot be displayed. Join a server with the LOWEST ping, but ABOVE 0.
                          my server browser displays pings of 2500 sometimes.

Comment

We're still waiting your specs Tenshi

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcleod
                              Make sure that you are NOT using the 'Play BF2 Now' desktop shortcut as it contains the switch -playnow 1 and will try and connect you automatically to a totally inappropriate server and take ages to do it.
                              Thanks a lot for posting this, I was getting really annoyed that the game was automatically connecting to a server after I logged in.

The load times are insane for me too, certainly not 12 minutes, but longer than any other game i've played. What the hell is going on after it loads the map and says it's "Verifying Client Data" or whatever? Is that an anti-cheat measure or what? Seems they could make that faster, it's really annoying. Especially since you still have to click "Join Game" after it's done. Why not automatically join? Bah.

Comment

Working...
                              X