No announcement yet.

Audigy2 Users LOOK HERE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you rename the file properly? If everything is done correctly the game should not CTD.

Comment

thanks king. this finally fixed my problem. i had been trying for quite some time now to get my audigy to work at all with any hardware mode. i had read about the openal fix a while back, but that didn't help much. what really fixed it for me was going and doing the automatic update thingie because that brought up a new update that i had previously not been offered. something to do with soundfonts and whatnot and it was listed as a critical update. so hell i went for it and now i haven't had a crash yet. =D thanks man. =)

-s

Comment

hm i think it was indeed listed in the manual downloads before, but i overlooked it since it didn't have the 'critical update' tag along with it as it does in the autoupdate. heh. anyways this is the one i'm talking about:

3. Creative SoundFont Bank Manager Web Update ver 1.00.21 (6.09 MB) 15 Sep 03

at least i'm relatively certain that's the same one the autoupdate did. anyways just wanted to say thanks. =)

-s

Comment

If you can't uninstall/install drivers properly then you get CTD, I had this problem when updating my mates, fixed it though by doing it properly, making sure everything was gone then installing.

Comment

Re: Audigy2 Users LOOK HERE!

Can this work on other SB or just this card?

Comment

Well cleaning your drivers, and updating them is always a good idea. Do the Auto Update for you card. And then check the manual downloads for the OpenAL Beta drivers as well. I'm not sure if it works with Live! cards or not.

Comment

I have an Audigy2 and have tried this fix with copying the OpenAL32.dll into the BF2 folder. It has given me nothing but problems. I run the latest OpenAl in the system32 folder but in the BF2 folder it simply doesn't work. Maybe it works better on some Audigy models.. I have a rock stable system, fresh windows install & latest drivers..

Comment

The OpenAL trick gives me crackles and popping in-game.

Comment

I just tested this on my SBLive! 24-bit and it works great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X