Crash After Loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash After Loading

I've read posts all over the place but none have really described my problem. I asked friends who play the game and they've suggested re-installing my sound drivers and that my game experience should be fixed. Well before i get a head of myself heres my comp and what happens:

AMD 64bit 3500+ 2.20ghz
    1gig ram
    Audigy Soundblaster ZS
    Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT

I first installed the game, no problems just excessive waiting for map loading. First patch came out, seemed like longer waits. This new 1.02 patch: I load BF2, pull up a server list, click a game, start loading in. Once the game is loaded and the option to "Join Game" comes up, i click and it seems i join. Positions and team selection is up etc, but probably after a mere 2 seconds an error comes up "There is a problem with your connection." This has happened every single time, every single server.
    So thinking the remedy was to re-install my sound drivers i did so, and it worked for a little while but then i crashed during game (map and game loaded no problem) although it was a bit laggy. When i re-opened BF2 and joined another server, old problem re-occured. Anyone else have this same problem and the actual remedy. Im praying i dont have to constantly re-install my sound drivers. I also updated PB, Thanks EA for not streaming PB.
    -Caspian

EDIT: I do have all my drivers updated.

care to list your all your drivers version?

Comment

Re-install the game and only apply the v1.02 patch, as the v1.01 patch messed things up. (note: when you download the 1.02 patch the installer will still reference v1.01 but it IS 1.02, so no worries).

Also re-install/update your graphics, sound, and motherboard drivers, and also try reinstalling DX9. (do these in order, and test between each).

Comment

k thanks a lot guys, ill re-post if that doesn't do the trick.

Comment

Also, use the link in my sig to optimize your Audigy2 sound card for BF2

Comment

ok, i reinstalled BF2, played a few rounds on 1 map (prepatch). then logged out, quit bf2. Installed v1.02, logged back in. Same problem. I came to the conclusion that this could be punkbuster related? I still get "There is a problem with your connection." Every time i join a game (map loaded and team selection available). When i did that PB update thing that someone recommended (the post is sticky and on front page of forums) i managed to play a few rounds without getting the problem, but later when i left that server and decided to come and play again. The problem came back... I think i just might not play until EA can fix all these large issues. This game shouldn't have been released till many of these problems have been fixed.

Comment

dont know seems very strange hope ya get it fixed

Comment

Working...
              X