Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I played as commander a few times on public / large / ranked servers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I played as commander a few times on public / large / ranked servers...

A couple of impressions...

-It's work to be a good commander, balancing everything correctly.
    - Fix your arty, trailers just by dropping supplies, fixes them very quickly
    - Doing arty perfectly is difficult. Cringed when I called for arty on an enemy flag, fully zoomed in only to discover 8 of my guys were 100M away advancing rapidly. They arrived right when my arty started hitting. Mass TK's and I got kicked from the server.
    - Most peeps don't interface withe commander at all.
    - Dropping supplies for my teammates while they were in a fire fight only to have them advance forward not seeing it.
    - Can the enmy resupply from a team supply drop?
    - Was impressed seeing squads of men (both enemies and on my team) advance in groups, providing covering fire, very disciplined. Viewing down on them shows this in a whole new light.
    - Very few teammates call for arty or supplies.
    - Wish there was an easy way to 'warn' my team I'm about to arty an ememy flag so they can move in immediately move in afterwards.
    - It was really quite fun, much more strategic work and it's nice getting a 2X point bonus when you're team wins.

I'd love to hear input / comments / advice / tips for experienced commanders so I can improve my gameplay.

Thanks!

They ran into your artillery strike and then punished you? Those people need their fingers torn off so they can never play again.

Comment

i use the V key to talk to squad leader and commanders it helps.

Comment

ugh??

Comment

Originally posted by alextaylor29
          - Doing arty perfectly is difficult. Cringed when I called for arty on an enemy flag, fully zoomed in only to discover 8 of my guys were 100M away advancing rapidly. They arrived right when my arty started hitting. Mass TK's and I got kicked from the server.
          Right click on their squad from the commander screen and issue an arty warning. Along with this yell to the SL on VOIP.

- Can the enmy resupply from a team supply drop?
          Yes.

- Wish there was an easy way to 'warn' my team I'm about to arty an ememy flag so they can move in immediately move in afterwards.
          There is, it's called VOIP. VOIP to the SL(s) closest to the flag in question and clearly tell him your intentions.

I'd love to hear input / comments / advice / tips for experienced commanders so I can improve my gameplay.
          http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=6553

Comment

what happens when you're punished? just negative team points?
            because i love it when some noob jumps out of my vehicle when i'm driving, gets run over, then punishes me

Comment

Thanks guys. I use VOIP but many people don't. So even if I warn them before arty often they won't hear it.

A trick I'm going to try is to drop supplies near an advancing enemy then immeidately call arty down on it. While they cluster around it resupplying themselves, BAM! They get artied.

Comment

Working...
              X