X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant get into b2 or uninstall it

motherboard type: gateway
    32bit or 64 Bit:
    Operating System: intel pentium 4 cpu 2.93ghz microsoft xp home edition service pack 2
    32bit or 64 Bit:
    Video Card: intel graphics media accelerator 900
    Driver Version:
    Sound Card:
    Driver Version:
    RAM:
    Model and Speed:
    DVD Model:
    CD Model:
    Install Path:

im not really into computers but i installed the game. then it whenever i launched it it would black out and go back to desktop.
    then i tried uninstalling it but it would do the same thing when i tried to play it. my buddies said try uninstalling it safe mode i tried that and no help. i cant download the patches it says there is no folder of bf 2. but i cant even reninstall it can u guys help me

1. Start>Control Panel> Add/Remove programs and remove Battlefield 2.
    2. Go to My Documents and delete the BF2 folder if it's still there
    3. Reboot the machine.
    4. Reinstall into default directory.
    5. Reboot
    6. Patch V1.02
    7. Reboot
    8. Play

Somebody else will have to chime in as to the support for your onboard Graphics.

Comment

ill try it out

Comment

but the addremove dont work it says installing wizard then goes back to desktop

Comment

If you put the CD/DVD in the drive does the installation menu come up? If so try and install from there. Once the install completes, if it does, then immediately uninstall and follow my previous steps.

Comment

I know it's frustrating but be patient and we'll try to help you the best we can. We being the community I don't have multiple personnalities.

Comment

yea that screen comes up but when i clik install it goes back to desktop

Comment

Damn, I don't know for sure what the issue is. I assume you've rebooted the machine and you're not working in Safe Mode now right? Right click on and close any and all of the little icons on the bottom right hand corner of the screen next to the Time. Once you do that then try and install again.

Comment

ill try that now

Comment

didnt work

Comment

I'm not sure. I've never seen it just not even begin the installation process. Hopefully somebody else may have had this issue and they'll post here. Try going to Start>Run> then type D:\setup.exe and hitting enter. See if that works. D: being the letter associated with your CD-Rom. If that doesn't work then I'm stumped. Good luck.

Comment

when i clik install the install wizard comes up the green bar goes to end and then back to desktop

Comment

Originally posted by lcplsickoll
                          I'm not sure. I've never seen it just not even begin the installation process. Hopefully somebody else may have had this issue and they'll post here. Try going to Start>Run> then type D:\setup.exe and hitting enter. See if that works. D: being the letter associated with your CD-Rom. If that doesn't work then I'm stumped. Good luck.

when i did this it said go to control panal to install and configure components

Comment

If you want to uninstall manually then delete the folder where it it was installed to, and delete the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents. If you want to keep your BF2 settings, then don't delete the folder in My Doucments but move to e.g. Desktop if you intend to use it later.

Then delete the registry keys marked in BOLD, you access registry via regedit.exe from Run Menu.
                            [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DICE\Battlefield 2(TM)]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\{04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B}]
                            Make sure to delete the right entries and only them, as deleting the wrong things in the registry can cause Windows to be unstable or even unbootable.

You can also delete the InstallShield folder for BF2, press WINKEY+R, type %PROGRAMFILES%\InstallShield Installation Information\ and it will take you to the folder, then delete the folder {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B}. Note it might be needed to set Folder Options to show hidden files/folders.

Comment

thats alot of confusing things there but ill try

Comment

Working...
                              X