Friendly Banter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly Banter

Did anyone else ever notice that there isn't any friendly banter during most of the games?

If I am a victim of a great tatic or a funny kill, I usually say so, or I will sayall great kill or funny whatever.... Or if I am in a great squad fight, even if I win or lose, I will still say great fire fight or something along those lines. I'm not at all a sore loser, and even though I've died, I'm still having fun.

I think I've only encountered maybe one or two other people that really communicate with the other team. Are all you guys that serious in your gameplay?

Most of the time all I see on the chat is n00b this, or WTF that.... Where is the fun chat? It seems everyone is so concerned with stats and points, that they completely forget that we are supposed to be having fun.

lol in my case, im too focused on trying to stay alive to be chatting with the other team =P
    but im still having fun regardless hehe

Comment

You're right. Well in a few months once you've found a server that you like and play on it continously with the same players, you'll see that friendly banter come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Saldrin
        Did anyone else ever notice that there isn't any friendly banter during most of the games?

If I am a victim of a great tatic or a funny kill, I usually say so, or I will sayall great kill or funny whatever.... Or if I am in a great squad fight, even if I win or lose, I will still say great fire fight or something along those lines. I'm not at all a sore loser, and even though I've died, I'm still having fun.

I think I've only encountered maybe one or two other people that really communicate with the other team. Are all you guys that serious in your gameplay?

Most of the time all I see on the chat is n00b this, or WTF that.... Where is the fun chat? It seems everyone is so concerned with stats and points, that they completely forget that we are supposed to be having fun.
        yea I go through that too, Id say "lol that was awesome" or "LOL carbombowned" and 95% of the time I dont get a response.

Comment

I've noticed too. The last game I came from, we always kept up a lively conversation while playing. It's really hard to do that here.

Comment

Me thinks that part of the problem is that the text disappears too fast. I miss stuff, such as this, all the time.

Comment

When something like ... umm watching the plane that just shot you down get hit by artillary ... yah .. you almost have to type that into chat (best moment yet)

Hell I had a guy I work with giving me status reports about work related stuff in game once ... that type of banter I can go without while gaming :P

Comment

I've chatted with the other team after having a fun fight. Usually I'd talk to them about how cool it looked when their body went flying up in the air.

Comment

I usually say "ns (Smith)" when its deserved, or "gg everyone", or "n1 (Smith)" , or "gj team". I rarely ever see a response or even anyone else saying these on public servers. I chalk it up to either: they don't see it in time, they don't know what I'm talking about, or they simply don't care....

Comment

Most of the friendly banter I experience is with squadmates with the voip we start cracking jokes or ribbing eachother on how dumb we were to fall for etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. York
                      I usually say "ns (Smith)" when its deserved, or "gg everyone", or "n1 (Smith)" , or "gj team". I rarely ever see a response or even anyone else saying these on public servers. I chalk it up to either: they don't see it in time, they don't know what I'm talking about, or they simply don't care....
                      Hey Sgt.York your screen name wouldn't happen to be alexanderyork??

Comment

Originally posted by Rock2568
                        Most of the friendly banter I experience is with squadmates with the voip we start cracking jokes or ribbing eachother on how dumb we were to fall for etc
                        Nothing like a squad that will actually use the voip and talk it up.

Comment

i joined a squad the other nite and they were all burning up the voip. I sure missed out by not having a mic and headset. Looks like my next purchase will have to be a headset so I can join in the fun. They were cracking some jokes and stuff as well.

Comment

i made a comment once about someone parking a tank in my swimming pool on gulf of oman. next thing i know i've got a squad attacking me. killed them all, then killed them when they respawned, then they finally killed me and decided to shoot me for 15 seconds when i was already dead...

guess i pissed em off...

banters good, but not if 1: you get killed while you're typing, or 2: you kinda give away your position.

Comment

Yeah, the chat text goes up too fast, swamped in kills. In fact, a separate chat box might be nice. Chatting while loading a map might be cool too, if it's possible. But nothing compares to VOIP, when you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X