Possible fix for "There is a problem with your connection"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fix for "There is a problem with your connection"

I had been having connection problems while in game and noticed that many others seemed to share the same symptoms as me; constant disruption of game followed by the "There is a probloem with your connection" message.

What seemed to work for me was the following...

I am using the XP resident firewall. I noticed while scanning the applications I allowed through the firewall that there were two "Battlefield 2" exceptions listed and allowed. I unchecked one of them and seemed to have solved the problem. I think two connections were being attempted simultaneously, resulting in conflicts.

If you're having this problem and are using the XP firewall, open your Windows Security Center, click on "Windows Firewall". Click on the "Exceptions" tab and uncheck the duplicate "Battlefield 2" exception.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for that but I've got it completely disabled and it still gives me the connection problem. I think it's simply down to the code. We are always told it's our configurations/hardware that's the problem and quite often it is. Sometimes it's just buggy/unfinished/beta/inefficient/unoptimized code. I think this is one of those cases.

Comment

Working...
    X