m95 abilities/powers? (SNIPER THREAD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m95 abilities/powers? (SNIPER THREAD)

I am sure this is buried under 4000 posts, but searching for m95 gives me no matches....which isn't possible.

what I want to know is if anyone can confirm the power and abilities this thing has. Clearly it goes through heli glass. What about jet glass? what about other vehicles? armor? Does anyone know for SURE how much damage it does? what about the 'standard' rifles for the 3 teams?

I also wonder (because it does in RL) if the m95 can damage vehicles reliably. I read that 4 m95 snipers can take down a chopper...not the pilot. the actual chopper.

can anyone confirm? i like scientific tests/numbers.

The M95 does same damage as M24, you can shoot through helicopter glass and jet glass. I didn't check if you can shoot through other vehicles' glass but I'm sure you can. Now about the helicopter die in 4 shots, nope, that would be sick. Then 1 sniper could take down the whole thing by himself.

Comment

The person who posted didn't say that it would be 4 SHOTS, but 4 SHOOTERS in about 10 seconds...but I imagine he was exagerrating. He also said a 'damaged' one. Either way, that means it would do real damage. I still have no idea if my infantry gun harms any vehicles.....

Comment

M95 does 95 damage to limbs, or kills instantly with a head or upper torso shot (may be wrong) - hence outdamages the M24. You can shoot through helicopter glass, but its difficult. Damage to vehicles is absolutely neglible.

The M24 on the other hand is more accurate, but does less damage.

Hope this helps!

Comment

You can also shoot hummer drivers with it but you don't get many opportunities to do so.

Comment

Here's a direct comparison of differences between the M95 and M24, using the .tweak files in the "Objects_server.zip".

Regarding changes in accuracy, everything else the same except these two.

M24:
            ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 3 0.2 0.2 1
            ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 2.5 2.5 0.2

M95:
            ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 3 1.5 1.5 1
            ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 2.5 5 0.2

The M95 is at least 33% more inaccurate than the M24, simply from the double value in miscellaneous deviation. The change in speed deviation is huge, but I'm not sure exactly how it fits the equation (may alter the velocity of the bullet, so it takes longer to travel and therefore allows more time to deviate), so it may very well make the M95 two times as inaccurate.

-----

Regarding damage:

M24:
            ObjectTemplate.material 38
            ObjectTemplate.damage 95

M95:
            ObjectTemplate.material 39
            ObjectTemplate.damage 190

I'm still quite an amateur in means of modifications, but I believe that the change from "38" to "39" is part of a hex value that dictates a round fired from the M95 will continue travelling when passing through another kind of material: the reinforced glass of a helicopter/jeep.

Yes, the M95 does do 190 damage, but for whatever reason (balance purposes, maybe), the 50. cal round is dampened by at least half when it hits soldiers with body armor, therefore doing only 95 damage.

I've seen many M95s easily one-shot kill people (my group has a dedicated sniper), but that may be because those guys were armorless classes or the sniper gets headshots, or the times a guy gets hit and doesn't die is because it hits a limb and not the body. I don't know, I'm not a sniper.

Comment

The only time I'd take a m95 over the m24 is if I were camping an enemy helicopter pad and shooting the pilot as they get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda
                you can shoot through helicopter glass and jet glass. I didn't check if you can shoot through other vehicles' glass but I'm sure you can.
                I have killed people behind all the glass in the game .. so .. yes it can be done (unless camping it is REALLY hard to do).

Shooting down Heli with the m95 is not really going to happen. Sometime if it is already damaged you can do just enough to get it on fire and then it blows up (you get the kills). The m95 does 1 bar of damage to the heli (so I hear)

Comment

The only time I have seen it shoot through glass is when someone jumped
                  into the helicopter and was killed with one shot. The sniper was able to take out
                  two chopperwhore pilots within like 30 seconds before we caught on.

I wouldn't unlock it just for being able to shoot through glass because it so rarely happens.
                  It is however nice to unlock a gun and be able to use it on all three sides.
                  I spend more time on the MEC/Chinese teams and really dislike those rifles.

Comment

Working...
                  X