Anything wrong with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything wrong with this?

Today when logging in for a rare bout of BF2age, I decided that I would play the spec-ops class as it is meant to be played; not running around capping flags, but fighting covertly behind enemy lines.

The map was Fu-She Pass, and I was on the Chinese team, so the first thing I did was get a buggy and drive myself all the way over to the un-cappable USMC flag, where all their assets and aircraft are. I make myself a squad with only me in it, so I can talk directly to the commander (who was doing a brilliant job, shame I can't remember his name).

Right, so when I get to their un-cappable, I start blowing up their assets. The commander kindly re-supplies me when asked, everything is going well. With all their assets gone, I get a little creative with the c4, planting it on their helo's and whatnot, which I continue to do for the rest of the round.

Next thing I know, I'm getting a load of abuse over the chat from a few USMC players, accusing me of base-raping and using noob tactics, along with vote-kicks started against me.

What I want to know is, was what I was doing fine, or is it in fact base-raping and "n00bing"? As far as I could see all I was doing was preventing the USMC side from having any kind of air presence by playing the spec-ops class as intended.

Opinions?

those noobs better get used to it and start defending their **** becuase after this patch theres gonna be little spec-op armys trying to blow stuff up for points. psersonally, after i got sarge i retired from assault class combat and now play spec ops because i think its hilarious and way more fun than the other classes....i love being sneaky and planting traps and ramming into blackhawks with my loaded c4 chopper. its great stuff.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with that. If the USMC team was pissed why didn't they do anything about it?

Comment

Haha yeah. My favourite was to plant some on a jet, let someone take off in it, then blow them up after about 30 seconds of flight.

Another funny moment was when I saw the USMC attack chopper coming back for repairs, so I jumped in the nearest Blackhawk, manned the minigun, and destroyed him before he even knew what hit him.

They just DONT expect you to be there, and when you are, its so annoying to them that all they can do is start abusing you over chat (which of course makes it all the more satisfying )

Comment

They did do something, they started to vote-kick him. But I agree it is Spec Ops job to do that stuff so I'm with you donpost.

Comment

The people who usually yell at people screaming "noob tactics" are usually the ones who drive off in jeeps by themselves while 2 other people are asking for a ride. Vice versa with the blackhawk.

Comment

Fine line between spawn camping and doing your job as Spec Ops. My thoughts ... if you are just destroying the CC assets and defending yourself should you be spotted, more power to you. If you are also killing people as they spawn, then you are crossing the line to spawn camping the Uncap and it is something I am personally against.

Comment

Nothing wrong with what you did. They should have made an effort to kill you if it was such a bother to them. I'm so freakin sick of people who seem to have their own set of rules for this game. It's not like you were abusing an exploit, you were just tearing them a new one. People are horribly sore losers and when someone like you comes along and owns them all they can do is scream like the little babies they are.

Comment

Dude don't even pay attention to the chat, it's almost always filled with garbage and noobs whining and vote kicking. I used the "opt out of voting" option to reduce screen clutter and it's great, and I don't read chat it's useless, nobody communicates properly: it's all "you black hawk whores" or "omfg spawn raping noob". Bottom line, do your thing and don't pay any attention to the noobs.

Comment

nothing wrong with what you did at all. In fact I would just keep doing it to make them even more pissed. I kinda like the change. I use to play a ton of medic and assault. Most of the time people could care less if you 'revive' them. They just expect it and then move on. Which was ok by me cuz I got the points. But its not like the freshness of the game anymore. EVERYONE would thank you for the revive and really and truely appreciate it. Now its growing stale. I chose Spec Ops myself for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. I loved going lone wolf. Just kinda pisses me off when I am spotted and 4 guys come after me locked and loaded. But hey.. its part of the game

Comment

give me a break already with these war tales.... you aren't really asking anything here, you are looking for a pat on the back for doing what the spec ops class is supposed to do.

Comment

Oh my god HYP3R, I can't stop laughing at your sig. Where did you get that? ROFLMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
                          give me a break already with these war tales.... you aren't really asking anything here, you are looking for a pat on the back for doing what the spec ops class is supposed to do.
                          No, I'm actually asking a question (hence the question-mark). All the things I mentioned in my orignal post I have seen talked about elsewhere, in fact, thats where I got the idea to do them from. Please move this thread back to the correct forum.

Thanks to all those who made a meaningful contribution to this thread. I guess it wasn't as delicate an issue as I thought. Here's to c4!

Comment

Medics... I thank every one of them that revives me.... The sad part is lately, when I've been dying, I've had times that out of 16 people on my team not ONE of them is a medic... What the hell is that? Is medic that unpopular now?

Comment

Originally posted by tjr1973
                              Oh my god HYP3R, I can't stop laughing at your sig. Where did you get that? ROFLMAO!
                              Off Topic:Please Stay On Topic

On Topic: Yes. When you see people saying somebody was using n00b tactics to win.. then they did well. Remeber... Profesionals are predictable.. Its those n00bs you have to worry about...

Comment

Working...
                              X