Connecting to Server, or go to Paris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to Server, or go to Paris?

Apparantly both of these choices takes equally long right now..

But what I dont understand is, why is my computer utterly and completely locked down when its connecting, why is it I can neither:

Alt+tab
    Alt+f4
    CTRL+ALT+DEL
    Windows Key
    Smash every ****ing key on my board without it even twitching!!!!!!

Its so frustrating that when the EA server is overheating as it appears to be doing right now i have to pull the power plug out.

( anyways got my knife merit, but then a bunch of friendlies decided to run into 6 claymore mines which were clearly visible and i was kicked from the server so I doubt I will get it - Oh and the level before i got 13 pistol kills, just needed 5 more for my expert, then the server forces me on the opposite team which then looses all flags and yeah go figure... Not a good evening so far :P )

rofl, yeah my game acts the same, and i act like you lol.

Comment

I had the same problem too, about a week or so ago, when EA took down ALL login servers to fix a bug/hack.

I found a workaround though, now I always leave a blank Notepad open before I start BF2, and then Alt+TAB always works

Comment

Originally posted by Berrern
        I had the same problem too, about a week or so ago, when EA took down ALL login servers to fix a bug/hack.

I found a workaround though, now I always leave a blank Notepad open before I start BF2, and then Alt+TAB always works
        lol i don't have to worry about that because there is always a dude who enjoys to spam me on msn every minute. :laugh:

Comment

ahh.. young grasshopper, there is one key combination that you missed that DOES work. CTRL + ESC, but if you play at a different resolution than your desktop is at expect delays while the screen resizes.

What I don't understand is why you need to get to your desktop, battlefield is running, what else is a computer for? :laugh:

Comment

That about the notepad, I'll remember that. Anyone else having troubles connecting to the server at the minute?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryopela
              What I don't understand is why you need to get to your desktop, battlefield is running, what else is a computer for? :laugh:
              you should buy a console.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryopela
                ahh.. young grasshopper, there is one key combination that you missed that DOES work. CTRL + ESC, but if you play at a different resolution than your desktop is at expect delays while the screen resizes.

Well you see I wanted to escape the devious "Connecting to Server" after it had been standing there for around 5 minutes so I could come on here and whine! :laugh:

Actually I was mostly just interested if the server is down

Comment

apparently they are down, it seems like i cant login at all.

Comment

took forever to connect to the account server

Comment

Bless me for my timing. I was gonna go down the gym after work, but thought damnit lets play BF2 for 2 hours and then ill go down the gym. Now my arse is firmly parked in my chair and there was seemingly no reason for me to head down the gym, but now since they screwed up again ( *High pitched voice* "SUPPPPRRIIIIIIIIISE" ), I see reason to go!

Comment

I just got on after it took 5+ minutes to connect to the account server. When I tried to join on of my favorite servers, it loaded and then CTD right when I should have joined. So I restarted, waited 5 minutes to connect, joined a server, played for about 5 minutes and CTD again! I'm on my last 1000 to Cpl, and my patience is running thin.

Comment

It was like this yesterday too. I couldn’t get out of the connecting to account server screen, so made myself a sandwich, blow my nose, took a bump, took a shower..and viola it was connected…

I thought someone switched my processor with a 186. :laugh:

Comment

Well, imagine how frustrated I am. I have only a couple hundred points to go and could easily wrap it up on my lunch break but not now.

Originally posted by HorrorBusiness
                            I just got on after it took 5+ minutes to connect to the account server. When I tried to join on of my favorite servers, it loaded and then CTD right when I should have joined. So I restarted, waited 5 minutes to connect, joined a server, played for about 5 minutes and CTD again! I'm on my last 1000 to Cpl, and my patience is running thin.

Comment

Yep I cant get on, is it some sort of tradition that EA must wreck something everyweek? :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X