New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer

I'm going to buy a new computer soon, and I need to know if these specs can handle BF2 nicely and smoothly.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64
    Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
    RAM: 1GB
    Hard Drive: Serial ATA (7200 rpm)
    Hard Drive Size: 250GB
    Graphics: ATI Radeon X700 Pro Video Card

Are they ok?

And does BF2 require Teamspeak and Ventrilio?

Thanks in advance.

It'll play just fine, but I'd recommend a X800 or X850 series card over the X700 if possible. More detailed specs such as Motherboard brand/model and Processors model would help narrow down any known compatibility issues.

It doesn't require TeamSpeak or Ventrillo

Comment

What PSU are you getting? Other than that, it looks good.

Comment

it will play Ok and no, you can use Teamspeak for other stuff.

Comment

It is all excellent but the card. The card will get medium and stuff but I would hand out a bit more cash to get a X800Xl or X850XT PE to play on high. I think it would be worth it for the long run and also..... Your mobo has PCI-E right? if not I would really advise you to get it for future upgrades.

Comment

i dunno but i would at least get a 2.4 ghz. i would choose the nvidia 6800 or 7800 pci express or agp. but 7800 dont support agp.

Comment

Originally posted by kewl e-man
              i dunno but i would at least get a 2.4 ghz. i would choose the nvidia 6800 or 7800 pci express or agp. but 7800 dont support agp.
              The 2.4 ghz, which is i beleive a 3800, is really not necessary for how much money it is. The only reccomendation i would give is to rethink that graphics card unless your fine with medium settings. A 3000 1.8 ghz and up i think is sufficient as a processor.

Comment

Working...
              X