• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alot of stuttering ingame

P4 2.4GHZ
    1GB RAM
    9800 PRO 128mb Artic cooled.

I have a 2mb cable connect and everytime i join a server my ping is 30 but people keep spazzing about. This always happens in heavy populated areas. I know its nothing to do with my system, its my connection. I checked the cables on the back of the PC and stuff and everything looked fine. All lights bleeping as they are supposed too.

Thanks.

If your ping is 30, there really can be only 2 thing up here. Firstly it could be the other peoples pings making them lag on your screen. The second is that you have your graphics settings are too high, this ties in with what you are saying about the lag happening in heavily populated areas. What graphics settings have you got it set to?

Comment

Nah it aint graphics, in heavily populated areas my frame rate holds steady at 25-30fps. When for example i see a fully operated black hawk it will spaz around really quick.

but anyway heres my settings-

1024-860
      All medium
      Dynamic light and shadow- low
      2xAA

Comment

Again.....128MB of VRAM isnt enough to run the game on texture/terrain on medium hitch free. The pauses are caused by loading in textures that would already be there on a 256MB card. I had the same problem despite running 55 - 60 FPS most of the time but it would occasionally drop to stupid FPS levels to load new textures. Game runs miles better now its on low texture/terrain, although I miss the detailed gfx.

Makes me unhappy as my Geforce 6800 is a good card and hoped it would last me more than 10 months.....then again the 256MB version runs its VRAM 50Mhz slower than mine.

Comment

Not all stutters relate to GFX. 9800 with 128 Mb can handle medium settings quite easily. I have 7800 GTX and I thougt that it could handle anything with ease... but playing BF2 was like an eternal struggle until I adjusted Windows page file size. So, increase your page file to 2560 Mb. I'm still going to get more ram, but increasing paging file made playing enjoyable.

Comment

ummmm why change it to 2560mb, is that because its 2 x your physical ram size? will it really make that much diff playing with the size of your page file.

Comment

Originally posted by ttopi
              Not all stutters relate to GFX. 9800 with 128 Mb can handle medium settings quite easily. I have 7800 GTX and I thougt that it could handle anything with ease... but playing BF2 was like an eternal struggle until I adjusted Windows page file size. So, increase your page file to 2560 Mb. I'm still going to get more ram, but increasing paging file made playing enjoyable.
              Oh I agree, stutters are not always gfx related but 128MB is not enough VRAM to run this game on Medium.....maybe at lower resolutions. I have a Geforce 6800 128MB and it runs the game fine at 55 - 65 FPS on Medium but stutters every now and again to load in textures.

Comment

Working...
              X