Connection to the server was lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection to the server was lost.

First off, let me say these forums have been a big help. I have tried to do a search in the forums for this problem, but since I am not even getting in a game, I think it may be something different. Here is the problem that i am having:

I get in about one game a night, if I try to join another server it says your connection has been lost(before I even start to load the game) or when the server is done loading it says your connecdtion to the server has been lost.
    For some back ground, I ran an internet speed test, before, and right after this happened and was hitting 2500. This has been happening since last night. I do not have a router, and I have even tried to load the game with my firewall off(stupid i know). After that, I have manually downloaded the punkbuster updates as well as manualy removed BF2 from my computer and reinstalled it and a new patch that I downloaded.

If anyone has an explanation or a way to fix this problem please post a message.
    P.S. My internet connection is clearly working when this happens.

Thank you all for any help you may provide.

Double check your firewall settings make sure it allows BF2 to have full access to the internet. Also double check Windows Firewall is not on as it maybe causing a conflict with yours when playing BF2.

Comment

The only firewall I have is Windows XP's....and as I said, I have even tried to disable windows xp firewall and join and I still get the same error.

Comment

same here. do you live in an apartment complex that supplies your ethernet?
        The same thing happens to me. My ISP claims that it blocks no ports, and i ran an internet test and got around 4000 dl and 1200 upload, and i get disconnected instantly from servers. All other users here have the same problem, so i assume that it's the connection. BF1942 and BFV have the same issue, but other games work fine...

Comment

Originally posted by PapaGeo
          same here. do you live in an apartment complex that supplies your ethernet?
          The same thing happens to me. My ISP claims that it blocks no ports, and i ran an internet test and got around 4000 dl and 1200 upload, and i get disconnected instantly from servers. All other users here have the same problem, so i assume that it's the connection. BF1942 and BFV have the same issue, but other games work fine...
          No, I live in a house and this is the only computer with internet. Also, I have played BF 1942 for years with no trouble at all.

Comment

Get the IP of any server you're trying to join, if possible. Then run a trace route to that IP. START RUN "tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" See if there's any hop that has trouble.

Comment

well, i'll be moving in less than a week, and also switching isps, so let's hope that my connection problems are fixed... if so, then at least in my case the battlefield series just hates the internet here. if not, then back to the drawing board...

Comment

Working...
              X