Ragdoll deaths need some work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragdoll deaths need some work.

I know it's great to see a body soaring through the sky, toppling head over shoes and then sliding down a hill till it stops in a comical fashion, but for the most part they look ridiculous. This is especially true when you simply gun a guy down. If he's moving at all he'll pop up into the air a little bit, float for a half second and then like a deflated balloon sink to the ground. Several times recently I've unloaded at a guy, thought he was dead, but instead just jumped in a strange way and then finishes me off with a bullet to the head. At least with BF1942 you could tell the moment you killed someone because they would grab their chest and collapse, or fly backwards (even flapping their arms in a vain attempt to fly when fired high in the sky).

I suggest giving them some kind of weight. CS:S does their fairly well, when you kill someone they crumble on themselves not fly in all directions. A slow fall like their head is pulling them down and then their body following would be the most realistic. If someone gets killed by an explosion then by all means have it send them to the moon, but if I shoot someone with my pistol I don't want them flailing about as they float to the ground like a sad balloon animal.

Comments?

true........i love the ragdoll effects in CSS..

Comment

I don't think it's all that bad.

Comment

I don't think it's bad either. I can usually tell when I kill someone. I don't stop shooting until I'm sure they're wasted, or looking at my sp screen.

Comment

i love SOURCES ragdoll effects there simply the best out there, in css you die you fall down not pop up and float, they just need to add more wait to them.

Comment

true they could add something so u would know for sure they are dead. but it's often quite hillarious to see someone fly thru the whole map cuz of an arty far far away haha

but to be honest to most hillarious deadly funny thing is when u've revived someone and they have no kit! hahahahahaha it's sick to see them run around with stiff arms and no gun just running about like a beheaded chicken! haha damn someone post a PotD of that!

Comment

I quite like the BF2 ragdoll effect, it's especially funny seeing them hanging off a building only attached by their feet. And when they're running and you gun them down they topple over with a bit of momentum which is nice.

Comment

Ya it's better then AAO ragdoll i think. Oh and I seen the wierdest crap ever today. Was playing in this 64 slot server (ranked) and when i killed someone they would fall and shake then get back up shake some more fall back down shake and then get back up shake and then finally die....

I was like woooooooooooo i need to stop drinking... it was wierd!

Comment

Working...
                X