Computer Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Parts

Im getting a new computer, How are the parts?
    -Epox EP-9NPA+ MoBo
    -1GB OCZ Ram
    -AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    -eVGA 6600GT
    -TOSHIBA DVD Burner
    -1GB RAM
    -400W PSU
    -80GB HDD
    -17" CRT
    -Keyboard/Mouse

That actually sounds pretty close to the device I built this weekend. I switched out the 3000+ with a 3200+ and a ATI x800xl for vid, but otherwise dead on!

The only suggestion I can think of, is kick up the power supply to at least 450w...those 64-bit chips can be power hungry! Me personally, I put a 500w in, but I did't want to have any issues with all the stuff I was putting in and all the fans I stuck in my case (5 total), so I went with 500w.

And are you going to be using an SATAII hard drive? I'd recommend it, it is so quiet and fast, that it blows anything else out of the water!

Comment

What do you think Ill get for settings?

Comment

SATAII is just the newer version of SATA. SATA150 has a max transfer rate of 1.5GB/sec whereas SATAII has a max transfer rate of 3GB/sec. Not a huge deal, but that's up to you.

And get that mobo as soon as possible. Newegg had it on order for a week and a half when I wanted to do order it two weeks ago; they finally got some last week on Wed.

Comment

medium... Get atleast a x800XL, then you'll be on high settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye
            Im getting a new computer, How are the parts?
            -Epox EP-9NPA+ MoBo
            -1GB OCZ Ram
            -AMD Athlon 64 3000+
            -eVGA 6600GT
            -TOSHIBA DVD Burner
            -1GB RAM
            -400W PSU
            -80GB HDD
            -17" CRT
            -Keyboard/Mouse
            Dump the CRT.

Comment

Originally posted by j-train
              Dump the CRT.
              Why? And how much money do you have to spend? And how much does the pc add up to right now?

Comment

Nothing wrong with CRT's. Everyones like ooooo look at my flat, slightweight stylish looking LCD. I'm like yeah look at the horrible washed out colour blending. I haven't seen 1 LCD yet including most high range ones that doesn't have that horrible 16 bit colour look about it when 2 shades of the same colour are close together on the screen.

If you use the standard windows XP dekstop. The one actually called Windows XP not the green hilly one, and look at the colours where the different shades merge on an LCD and have a CRT next to it, the CRT is much smoother and generally sharper. The only advantage LCD's have is the brightness. LCD's suck.

Comment

Originally posted by HellRåzor
                  medium... Get atleast a x800XL, then you'll be on high settings.

No reason he shouldn't run on high. I do with a similar system.

Comment

So long as you have a Venice core on the 64 you should be okay. SATA2, I'm not sure ho w many drives/mobos support it yet, then again haven't looked.

Comment

Working...
                    X