Poor Performance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Performance...

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on some things. I have a p4 3.0ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, XFX 6600gt, my comp is clean virus and spy/ad-ware wise and I've been having a lot of trouble with BF2. A lot of lag, nearly impossible to play at anything over 800x600 res with everything set to low. I have the 1.02 patch installed as well.

I'm currently running with 71.20 drivers. I've tried the 77.72 and 77.76 drivers and experienced worse performance. I did clean installs with all drivers, using driver cleaner.

What is expected to be able to play this game well? I've run HL2 and Doom3 at high settings without any problem, but this game is virtually unplayable. I know my setup isn't state of the art at the moment, but it seems odd to be having as much trouble as I am.

Defrag? Clean registry?

Comment

I had the same problem. All you need to do is load your bios and change the AGP Aperture to 256MB.

Comment

omfg same freaking problem hear...can someone plz explain more "stupidly" for the computerly disable people over hear?
        aka tell me in an easier way

Comment

I think he's saying you need to download the latest BIOS from your motherborad manufacturer. And when you reboot, press "Del" or "F8" to go into the BIOS; there should be an aperture size setting waiting for you.

Comment

well when i try that it doesnt work...when exactly do u press del and F8?

Comment

wait
              i got to the menu but couldnt find anything on changing the size...

Comment

Help!
                I have a question, is the 6600 GT supposed to like have a power plug in or something cause i couldnt find and power thingies that would plug into my card

Comment

whoa whoa whoa......there is a power slot, that you didn't supply power to? Well there is your problem. The graphics card has to throttle down to use less power.

Comment

Help!
                    I have a question, is the 6600 GT supposed to like have a power plug in or something cause i couldnt find and power thingies that would plug into my card
                    Do you have AGP or PCI-E?

Comment

AGP
                      also i have kinda discovered that the 4 peg connector plug thingy wont reach my card...i think ill have to like change the plugs and stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil_Lamoe
                        Hey, I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on some things. I have a p4 3.0ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, XFX 6600gt, my comp is clean virus and spy/ad-ware wise and I've been having a lot of trouble with BF2. A lot of lag, nearly impossible to play at anything over 800x600 res with everything set to low. I have the 1.02 patch installed as well.

I'm currently running with 71.20 drivers. I've tried the 77.72 and 77.76 drivers and experienced worse performance. I did clean installs with all drivers, using driver cleaner.

What is expected to be able to play this game well? I've run HL2 and Doom3 at high settings without any problem, but this game is virtually unplayable. I know my setup isn't state of the art at the moment, but it seems odd to be having as much trouble as I am.

Ok I practically have exactly the same system as you (see my specs under my sig),and I play Bf2 great.

Graphics settings
                        XFX 6600GT at stock levels. Game deatils at medium apart form AA, dynamic shadows and dynamic lighing are off. 1024 x 768 @ 72 Hz. Drivers are 77.30 that came with the game. I get 60+ FPS

What sound card do you have? Version of windows? SP2 installed? what chipset 865/875?

Comment

If you have 1 gig of ram, Windows automatically sets max size for paging file to 1536 Mb... BF2 can take up to 1.6 Gb or more memory... You do the math. Now you can see what is wrong here.

Solution: Set page file to 2560 Mb or buy more memory. Just increasing page file helped a lot for me, but I'm still getting more memory just to be sure...

Comment

Plugging in the power cable should fix your problems.

Cheers

Comment

well i cant really get some cables out...they seem to be stuck. But i think i might get like a Y adapter...
                              hows this...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817159023
                              o yeah...are the cables like that are going into the HD supposed to be able to come out?

Comment

Working...
                              X