Sound card woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound card woes

I recently upraged to a soundblaster live! card from my onboard sound. With the onboard i got 53fps and with no sound i got 63fps. Now that i added the new card i get 40 fps on all sound settings. What can i do to fix this?

Sound shouldnt effect your FPS.

Comment

It does. It uses the CPU to prrocess/play the sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pancakes
        It does. It uses the CPU to prrocess/play the sounds.
        Ya but its so minimal that it shouldnt effect your FPS. You can run a Sound Blaster live on a pentium II 350 mhz.

did you replicate the exact situation from before when you didnt have a soundcard?

Comment

Of course.

Comment

The sound card has its own processor to play sounds and add effects. The sound does not use any cpu cycles when you have a dedicated card like the soundblaster.

Comment

So why did my FPS go down? And how do i fix it?

Comment

Il get tommorow also new Creative Soundblaster live 24bit soundcard! Is it much better sound then onboard? Have you installed newest drivers from internet?

Comment

Its sounds MUCH better and i do have the latest drivers. But for some reason it seems to be eating more than its fair share of CPU time.

Comment

Nobody has any ideas?!

Comment

Something's wrong. Try reinstalling your drivers. With the load of audio taken off of the CPU, you should actually see an increase.

Comment

Didnt help

Comment

did u UNINSTALL THE OLD ONE FIRST. restart ur comp and install ur new one. did u uninstall the old one right. not just the drivers but the whole deal. then try installing ur new one.

Comment

Go into your Sound Settings in Windows and make sure it is all set to your SoundBlaster card, also when you restart next time, go into your BIOS and disable the onboard sound.

Comment

Make sure you disable onboard sound like king said. I bet thats your prob

Comment

Working...
                              X