Transfering files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering files

Can anyone tell me why zip files change (e.g. checksum values) when copied from one location to another e.g. one hardrive to another. In this case Objects_client.zip file - I've copied a happy checksum Ojects_client.zip file from one hardrive to another to get unhappy checksum on newly copied file. What is causing the change in the file to give different checksum values - a solution is needed to overcome this problem of "Unmodified content". Is it the CPU? Chipset? Mobo? Memory? does anyone know what is causing the file to modify on transfer. An answer would be greatly appreciated so that the issue can be rectified.

Kelloggs - who has painfully had the biggest issues installing a simple game developed by simple ppl, and marketed by Farking losers EA

Registry values?

Comment

Yes! This is the right question for our problems with BF2 (unmodified-content-error)!
      Where is the software/OS-genius to help us? :cry:

Comment

Ice@Bufu

We need to rectify this problem otherwise patching to 1.03 is going to give me and all of us with this issue the shits - Can anyone assist please - perhaps informing dice of the issues

Comment

On my maschine it was a broken RAM-Module. Check yours with www.memtest.org and I think you´ll get your "why"!

Comment

Originally posted by ice@BuFu
            On my maschine it was a broken RAM-Module. Check yours with www.memtest.org and I think you´ll get your "why"!
            If getting errors in memtest it could also mean that your RAM is running at too tight timings in BIOS, so it doesn't have to mean that RAM is faulty, but it usually does though.

Comment

I just used standard-settings - it´s broken I think because the other module works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ice@BuFu
                I just used standard-settings - it´s broken I think because the other module works fine.
                Yea but it might not be the case on all systems, it can be settings too, but if using standard settings, like most probably are it is likely hardware error like in your case.

Comment

I will do a longer test on the other module as well to make sure, that it´s 100% O.K. an tomorrow i´ll get a new one. Hopefully I can now deal with the "normal" BF2-bugs!

Comment

Working...
                  X