Privite slots and random auto balance nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privite slots and random auto balance nonsense

There is hope that with time EA will do something about this. I know that there is tons of admins not happy with that exact issue. It is f*** annoying. I was moved 3 times from team to team in one round yesterday. I was squad leader when this was happening. I think this is idiotic idea when game is allowed to do this so randomly. There must be some kind of AI behind this. you can't move commander or squad leader at all. I like auto balance but it has to be different.
    Second of all private slots are must. This is insane that ppl who pay for the server are not allowed joining own server. Kicking innocent people out of your server to make room for one of ours is not fun. It is like some stupid lottery deal. it is also time consuming. I wanna play not mess with rcon all the time. F*** that. I think that admin should be allowed to move ppl from team to team so he can have clan members on same squad and if auto balance needs to move someone to other team then move dude with worst score at that time(how clans can practice team play if they in a ladder?).
    Game can start if we have 10 people there so why Admins can't have like 6 private slots for team members? If we put 6 clan members into server we can't start point farming anyway.

Is anyone in EA or Dice smart enough to get it? IT needs to be fixed and ASAP. This game was design for team (clan) playing so they should respect wishes of Clan admins or it will go under faster then it came out. Good game with tons of stupid ideas surrounding it.

Agreed, Private slots are a fuqqing MUST!

Comment

Honestly, I'd rather they fix'd the gameplay issues before they went to pimp'n the dedicated server controls, I know it's annoying but still, lets get the f'n thing WORKING at least to 95% before we improve it...right?

Munson

Comment

The game is fine, other than a few bugs it does what it's supposed to. If people can't get in when they want, they won't donate. If people don't donate there won't be good servers, and so on....

This is more serious than alot of people think. A heck of a lot more serious than the strength of the 203 or any crap like that.

Bottom line, RCON is a joke and dice needs to put in serious work to help people run these servers smoothly like in '42.

Comment

the game is fine....with over 150 posts a week just here about people unable to play or access their accounts, BSOD's and Random Crashes?

The netcode is so bloated it makes mama cass look like a playboy bunny.

The ranked servers with 32+ players ALL lag like crazy, dropped packets and loss/choke are unheard of in FPS gaming.

I'd rather they delivered the 50.00 game we all paid for first.

I DO understand the needs for reserved slots and the autobalance thing kinda blows but jeez, those are pretty low compaired to a game that will NOT run 20 players on a 1.5mb/s T connection. right?

Munson

Comment

First off, not all ranked servers lag with max slotted.
            Second, most of these people that have problems running the game do stupid ****, like have 100 processes in the background, spyware filled, and expect way more performance then their pc is capable of. The game works fine for me. What do you want me to say?

Being that this is the server forum, admin tools or lack there of should be the main priority as it's pretty damn stupid to have to type long ass commands that sometime work and sometime choose not to.

I'll give you that the stats and ranking **** take up too much bandwidth, but what's the point of stats or even playing if you can't fully control the server and keep it clear of idiots, hackers, and what not.

It's not just auto balance and reserved slots, it's the majority of the admin tool.

Comment

I am with you there is nothing more annoying than playing with your clan on a squad, and bam you're on the other team. This wouldn't be a hard fix to incorporate into the next patch. I think that if you are even in a squad you shouldn't be switched, it should pull from people who are assigned to a squad with the lowest score, then in cases where everyone is assigned take the lowest score. I too see the need for auto balance, and it's a good thing, it just needs to be tweaked.

Comment

Wow we aint the only ones wanting this fixed..LOL. You would think that since they were making a TEAM based game that this would have jumped out and bit them.. All and all the game is good...

Comment

Game is very good but it could be way better if EA put more thinking in to it. There is no question that game was rushed. This admin stuff we talk about here is a basic multiplayer stuff. You should think about this even before designing process. Rank servers cost arm and legs and what they giving us back for that?? Nothing. (Stupid points and ranks turn people into stats whores)
                  You pay and you can't even get in. What a BS. Limited private slots are must. Only reason my clan has rank server is traffic we getting on it. Our 32 maps 44 ppl server is full all the time. We did try to run unranked server but it was empty almost all the time.
                  I think every multiplayer game should have some rcon type utilities build in it. It is stupid to try memorized all those commands and keep typing it all over again. If third party programs to do that are developed few weeks after game was released how difficult this could be to implement into the game by original designing team.
                  And fix this stupid Auto Balance issue. Move lone wolfs around not commanders and squad leaders. How stupid and annoying is that?
                  ?

Comment

I definitely agree that there is a problem with the autobalance. Too many times I have been moved to the other side when I was a member of a good squad that worked well together (and used VOIP). Then I had to battle trying to switch back to my original team in hopes of getting the good teamwork back. It's pretty lame. After all, IMHO it's the teamwork that makes for a successful squad and fun gameplay.

Another related issue is the problem of getting moved to a losing team at the last second and taking the loss. It happens both ways... I've gotten wins that way, too. It just seems like I've taken more losses. I've gotten to the point that I don't care to much about that stat, since half the time it's almost out of your control. (Team not working together, etc.) I think that you should get your win or loss based on the team that you spent the most time with in a given game.

As far as figuring out who gets auto-moved, I agree the lone wolves should go first. I'm not sure if I feel that it should be based on global score or team-work, since they're not really being part of the team...

Comment

Working...
                    X