Can't Install (DVD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Install (DVD)

So I went away for LAN a few days ago. there we were going to play BF2, but everybody else had 1.0 installed, while I had 1.02, so I had to reinstall.

Seeing that the only DVD Drive I have that can even read from the BF2 DVD is a 2x DVD, I installed from a .bin file (that's a little haxxord, Clone DVD, pirated- I'm sorry) This saved me quite a few minutes.

Anywasys, we playd a few hours over the weekend, and today I got home. So now I want to play online, so I try to patch. That didn't work (probably because it was a Clone DVD edition). So I press the Uninstall, but nothing happened. So I had to Shift+Delete the entire folder, I deleted all BF2 maps in "My Documents" and searched the entire disk for BF2 files, and removed all I could find.

then I pop in my DVD (the real retail, which I purchased legally), the Autorun starts, and I press Install.

The Battlefield 2 splash-screen shows up, and then the Install wizard

that thing.

Then, Nothing. It all just returns to windows, the Install Wizard just shuts down.

what could it be? Please help!

Search the forums for a way to uninstall the ActiveSheild.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
      Search the forums for a way to uninstall the ActiveSheild.
      will do. thank you

Comment

ok, I got. it seems to work now.

thanks alot!

Comment

No problem.

Comment

hey gimme the link to where u found the solution. i have same porblem. thnks

Comment

Working...
            X