X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EA] Cockpit Voip

Hey hey,

okay...my last suggestion..

I'm really excited about patch 1.03 but here's a suggestion that would make life as a pilot/driver/gunner easy-cheesey...

How about a button that allows you to voip with whomever in your vehicle. I know...I know..people should join a squad but more often than not you get a lone wolfer or a member of a different squad joining you for a lift/kill. Not to mention it would reduce the confusion when people are on the other side of the map. A button that would allow you to talk to your co-pilots would be GOLDEN...and would avoid a lot of ..."I'm not taking off till you get out and let my squad member in" stuff.

My 2 cents canadian.

That would be great, i had one guy in an attack heli telling me join his squad or get out of the heli. So i did and when i asked why he said its so we could talk to communicate attacks. And i tell ya what, its good to talk cause he would hover nad use the ctrl look around thingy to tell me locations of people and vehicles to bomb and shoot. Most points i ever got.

Comment

that would be great being able to talk to your chopper or bomber gunner.

Comment

well it enables it self in options and then in game disables it self no lil speak at the side i check that it has battlecommo so i said **** it dont work with me

Comment

well it enables it self in options and then in game disables it self no lil speak at the side i check that it has battlecommo so i said **** it dont work with me
          No idea what you just said.

until they fix it, join a squad... not like its hard to press join button.

Comment

I had no clue either

What the? Well at least he's trying to speak english...or American...depending on where you live.

The problem is not joining a squad, but being in a vehicle that has someone from another squad. I just find it an incredible oversight...not to be able to tell the guy sitting next to you...hey look left. This is a feature that shouldn't be overlooked.

A-Army for example, has the shout, whisper, or even hand signals...most of which I don't use...but then again there are no vehicles.

Comment

That'd be awsome!

Comment

Agree with you here, it would be a good feature.

Comment

Even if you are a member of a squad, say there are 6 people in your current squad, and 2 of you get the Cobra, then one person in the cobra says to the other, "look to the right!" Well, the other 4 people in the squad just heard it and don't know what in the world you're talking about.

This also applies to 2 people from different squads getting in the same helo.

I have been putting this suggestion around here too. I think it would help a ton.

'b' for squad chat
                  'v' for commander/squad-leader chat
                  'm' for vehicle chat!! (or any other key)

Comment

well i go by squad with me and i changed the button for voip on2 my mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Nodhere
                      A button that would allow you to talk to your co-pilots would be GOLDEN...and would avoid a lot of ..."I'm not taking off till you get out and let my squad member in" stuff.
                      Id like an option for the driver to kick out an unwanted passenger.
                      It would save alot of time when they would otherwise sit around at spawns spamming the chat telling someone to get out and they might actually go fight

Comment

To the guy who says voice chat isn't working for him, you probably need to join a squad, then it will work. I like it that way. It allows lone wolves to do their own thing if they don't see the rewards of working as a squad, and keeps radio chatter to a minimum, so I think it should be kept so that normally, you can only voice chat with your squad.

In a pinch, if they made it so that when you're in a vehicle the other occupants of the vehicle become your defacto squad, and you can only talk to them, that would be fine. Then when you exit the vehicle, it restores comms with your actual squad. This means you only need to have one bind to talk to your passengers. I have a button on my joystick and mouse mapped for voice chat, and for me, it's preferable not to have too many different buttons for too many types of voice chat.

Comment

I would just like a way to talk to people who are in other vehicles without being in their squad. There have been so many times that I have been flying a jet, had someone on my tail, and wanted to call the other guy on the team in a jet to come give me support.

Comment

Airmen button

I guess that would be good too, but it has to stop at a certain point...I think a fellow squad mate in another jet would suffice. Since we're dreaming...what if we had different channels? Then the infantry can listen in on Airmen...commanders..ect....or if the commander could hack other teams Commander screen?

Or there should be a must join a squad rule....don't join and get autobalanced (not my idea) or get booted.

I can keep going, but there's a three toke, pass but don't inhale rule.

Comment

Nice idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X