Video Settings Not Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Settings Not Changing

Hi I have a slight problem here, I have 2 windows accounts on my computer, on for me and one for my younger brother, we are both system admininstrators and both play on Battlefield 2. On my personal account on battlefield 2 I am able to set the gfx settings with half of them on medium and half of them on low, the game looks nice enough to play that way on my crappy computer.

The problem is I can change these graphics on my windows account in the battlefield 2 account but my brother on the other hand cant, Ive changed the video settings and got the same message you usually get "NOTE : Video shaders need will be changed next time you load a new map etc..." but when loading the map I dont get the message telling me the shaders have been optimised and once in game the gfx are still all on low and the game crashes to desktop after a few seconds. He can play with settings on low without the crash but on my account i can play with them on medium without any problems at all.

My computer can handle it on my windows account but why not his?

Thankyou for your help if anyone knows how to solve this problem its been bugging me for a while.

GW Spitfire

It sounds like theres currupt data somewhere as my familly pc is fine with running on 4 accounts so 2 should be a walk in the park. Try reinstalling restarting your machine and putting your brothers account onto limtied so it doesnt change game settings.

Comment

The settings for each profile is in the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents, so you probably have a Battlefield 2 folder in each Windows accounts My Documents.

You can try and use your profile in his account, by copying the Battlefield 2 folder to his Battlefield 2 folder in his My Documents, then go and change the name in profile.con so it is his login name instead of yours and it should be exact same settings.

Comment

Working...
      X