Error Md5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Md5

i notice there was another thread with this error on it when trying to install bf2.
    its not a corrup disk as i have 2 bf2 games. i was trying to set up my husbands and it has a better video card than mine and i get this error installing bf2. then about 3/4 of the way through it says, failed to install bf2 please start from beginning.

now if you dont have a clue , dont reply to this thread , if u have expereinced this error and have found an answer let me know . i will keep trying different ways to install.

so far i have system restored my system and lost everything and had to set it back, i have managed to install bf2 but got a microsoft error , send dont send report and couldt get into bf2 at all. i took all ea games programs out of my pc and at present trying to reload it again and again.

i have e-mailed ea hoping to get some answers of this error and a fix it. i have looked and searched on different search engines to no avail. there must be someone somewhere that has fixed this problem.

now dont say its a driver issue as i have all the updated drivers for my hardware to run this game.

thanks to anyone that responses.

if u need to talk me through a salution pm me and i will send u my msn details.

As far as everyone on these forums knows, there is no fix right now to this. Do a search though as I haven't reviewed the thread pertaining to the not installing completely error (start from the begining one). There was another person who had this issue, but as I said, I have not recently reviewed the thread.

the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, is the firmware for you CD-ROM. To me it seems like a read error of sorts. Either that or the ActiveSheild installer is screwd up (do a forum search for this one as well, someone made out steps on how to uninstall it, so that it would re-install when you pop the BF2 disc in).

EA will probably e-mail you back about drivers, and crap, they are pretty useless in my opinion. They are the only major company without phone tech support, pretty lame if you ask me.

Comment

Thanks king, someone else i know said saomething about firmware, i havnt a clue about it. the pc i have been upgrading is a pentium 4 , gforce 5500, creative soundcard.now my pc is a 5200 video card and woks fine with bf2 now the mother board does not have anything on it, i havnt a clue about the maker but someone did say that it could require up to date drivers? but until i know what mother board it is i am a loss.also i have to put the bf2 disk into my second drive as the main one doesnt detect it. i have recently had to format the pc and start from scratch as when i aquired the pc , there was a serious malfunction of spyware that for the life of me i couldnt remove, so format was the only option.
      if its an older motherboard for p4 there could be a problem. but again i dont know. someone suggested i install into a different folder. also to get a program called MD5 encrypt, havnt a clue what it is, i am checking all faults with this error but nothing relating to bf2 .

i am getting very annoyed now and i can see me having to pay hundreds to get someone to look at it as they are going to do all the things i have already tried and they may not be used to this error .

Comment

there was a serious malfunction of spyware that for the life of me i couldnt remove, so format was the only option.

Are you sure you formated?
        you may of only fixed the ERRORS ONLY. try a new hard drive.

Whats the Stats on the computer?

Comment

Total Battlefield 2 > Battlefield 2 > Client Support
          Error Md5
          User Name Remember Me?
          Password

Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Advanced Search

#1 Today, 01:44 AM
          Tartan_Tart
          Private First Class

Error Md5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i notice there was another thread with this error on it when trying to install bf2.
          its not a corrup disk as i have 2 bf2 games. i was trying to set up my husbands and it has a better video card than mine and i get this error installing bf2. then about 3/4 of the way through it says, failed to install bf2 please start from beginning.

now if you dont have a clue , dont reply to this thread , if u have expereinced this error and have found an answer let me know . i will keep trying different ways to install.

so far i have system restored my system and lost everything and had to set it back, i have managed to install bf2 but got a microsoft error , send dont send report and couldt get into bf2 at all. i took all ea games programs out of my pc and at present trying to reload it again and again.

i have e-mailed ea hoping to get some answers of this error and a fix it. i have looked and searched on different search engines to no avail. there must be someone somewhere that has fixed this problem.

now dont say its a driver issue as i have all the updated drivers for my hardware to run this game.

thanks to anyone that responses.

if u need to talk me through a salution pm me and i will send u my msn details.

Tartan_Tart
          View Public Profile
          Send a private message to Tartan_Tart
          Send email to Tartan_Tart
          Find all posts by Tartan_Tart
          Add Tartan_Tart to Your Buddy List

#2 Today, 01:54 AM
          KingOfKhaos
          Chief Warrant Officer 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as everyone on these forums knows, there is no fix right now to this. Do a search though as I haven't reviewed the thread pertaining to the not installing completely error (start from the begining one). There was another person who had this issue, but as I said, I have not recently reviewed the thread.

the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, is the firmware for you CD-ROM. To me it seems like a read error of sorts. Either that or the ActiveSheild installer is screwd up (do a forum search for this one as well, someone made out steps on how to uninstall it, so that it would re-install when you pop the BF2 disc in).

EA will probably e-mail you back about drivers, and crap, they are pretty useless in my opinion. They are the only major company without phone tech support, pretty lame if you ask me.

KingOfKhaos
          View Public Profile
          Send a private message to KingOfKhaos
          Find all posts by KingOfKhaos
          Add KingOfKhaos to Your Buddy List

#3 Today, 02:18 AM
          Tartan_Tart
          Private First Class

Thanks king, someone else i know said saomething about firmware, i havnt a clue about it. the pc i have been upgrading is a pentium 4 , gforce 5500, creative soundcard.now my pc is a 5200 video card and woks fine with bf2 now the mother board does not have anything on it, i havnt a clue about the maker but someone did say that it could require up to date drivers? but until i know what mother board it is i am a loss.also i have to put the bf2 disk into my second drive as the main one doesnt detect it. i have recently had to format the pc and start from scratch as when i aquired the pc , there was a serious malfunction of spyware that for the life of me i couldnt remove, so format was the only option.
          if its an older motherboard for p4 there could be a problem. but again i dont know. someone suggested i install into a different folder. also to get a program called MD5 encrypt, havnt a clue what it is, i am checking all faults with this error but nothing relating to bf2 .

i am getting very annoyed now and i can see me having to pay hundreds to get someone to look at it as they are going to do all the things i have already tried and they may not be used to this error .

Tartan_Tart
          View Public Profile
          Send a private message to Tartan_Tart
          Send email to Tartan_Tart
          Find all posts by Tartan_Tart
          Add Tartan_Tart to Your Buddy List

#4 Today, 02:30 AM
          BF2_Joe
          Sergeant

there was a serious malfunction of spyware that for the life of me i couldnt remove, so format was the only option.

Are you sure you formated?
          you may of only fixed the ERRORS ONLY. try a new hard drive.

Whats the Stats on the computer?
          have ATI Radeon X 800 XL 512 PCI Express

well i have an intel pentium4 1.9
          512 sdram
          nvidia geforce 5500
          windows xp pro

and my main pc which runs bf2 without any of this problems

athlon 2800
          512 ddr
          nvidia geforce 5200
          windows xp (not pro)

i did a total format as it asked on screen if i wanted to do so, the big sign that i had a malfunciton is now gone as it i couldnt get rid of it on my screen until i formated the system

i have heard of people not being able to play due to driver errors but not being unable to install the game..

i know there must be something missing for battlefield 1942 to load and battlefield 2 not so and its not the graphics card not being suitable for the game as i tried another one and i i have a graphics card n my other pc that is not as good as the one ive put in here and it works like a charm.(which is not listed on the suitable graphics for bf2)

i havnt a clue, i am just asuming that its something to do with my firmware the motherboard being too old to take the graphics card of sommin.

but i am not computer lit so when i am reading jargan , i am just getting a sore head . this is not my pc its my husbands so he doesnt pester me when i play too much.lol

there must be a file that i have to download for certain games to play

Comment

well i would like to thanks everyone in [UKNG] and total battlefield, i have fixed this problem

we thought it was something to do with the mother board and drivers and graphics card and everything . but after a thought , how about downloading the bf demo, well the bf2 demo worked perfect, so what was causing the problems. the cr-rom and dvd drive wasnt up to scratch, the error MD5 . so i removed my dvd drive from my newer pc, installed it and downloading BF2 with out a hitch ,

now the only problem no is my older pc is saying it requires more memory and we cant go online as it just loads then the connection is teminated.
            so back to the board with this, i know there is a few glitches with the bf2 and patch which puts you back to desk top and any suggestions rather me having to spend more time looking at each thread .

heres a question i have 512ddr ram on my pc which runs not bad but the older one has 512 sdram pc133 , so could this be the reason that we cant go online with it.

thanks again boys

Comment

The old RAM is your culprit, even with the newer DDR, people experience slowdowns but that as you probably know relates to the capacity...

Comment

Yup the old SDRAM PC133, is killing you. And chances are that computer doesn't support DDR memory, so there is no use in trying.

Comment

Re: Error Md5

I am getting the same exact error message when I install BF2. I had BF2 up and working on the same comp (I had to buy a new hard drive) like a week ago. nothing has changed except that I bought 512mb more ram (now at 1280) but i doubt that that would be the culprit. I have done all the things that I can remember doing to install it before (I had to go throught the same shit to install last time). I am running XP SP2 (yes SP2 sucks) I updated all drivers and everything!

In my opinion BF2 IS THE MOST ERROR PRONE GAME EVER INVENTED

EA U SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X