People ranting about no teamwork...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People ranting about no teamwork...

I'm totally with you... I'd really like to get with a group of people that actually OBEY commanders orders, i.e. attack, DEFEND *gasp! what a concept*, and a good commander that will issue those commands. My question is, are you guys in a clan? Will you find that kind of strategy in a clan?

I'm really getting tired of just running around capturing, and recapturing flags that we just took, over and over and would rather assault, then defend a key position.

ya I agree i was so ticked today my team was not even attacking so I had to go rambo style and capture the outpost on my own.

Comment

That's the main reason I joined a clan, I got bored of just walkin around by myself. Now I play with a good 10 guys all on a ventrilo server that communicate and play as a team. My clan also has alot of scrims/ladder matches so its fun...even tho i haven't played in one yet cuz i just joined

Comment

Originally posted by SVTcobra281
        I'm totally with you... I'd really like to get with a group of people that actually OBEY commanders orders, i.e. attack, DEFEND *gasp! what a concept*, and a good commander that will issue those commands. My question is, are you guys in a clan? Will you find that kind of strategy in a clan?

I'm really getting tired of just running around capturing, and recapturing flags that we just took, over and over and would rather assault, then defend a key position.
        I have a couple of clanmates that I play with and it does make a hell of a lot of difference. There are some people who play with strategy, work together, and use mics but they are few.

The best thing I can suggest is finding some friends or others online who you want to play with and keeping in touch with them. Having teammates makes the game a hell of a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitemare
          That's the main reason I joined a clan, I got bored of just walkin around by myself. Now I play with a good 10 guys all on a ventrilo server that communicate and play as a team. My clan also has alot of scrims/ladder matches so its fun...even tho i haven't played in one yet cuz i just joined
          What clan you with?

Comment

You're playing on the wrong servers. Pubs and the Official EA servers tend to be the worst. I find players on TrinityGaming.com servers to use teamwork very well. Infact I had an entire squad and commander on VoIP the other night there, needless to say we killed the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTcobra281
              What clan you with?
              <[MAN]>

Comment

it sucks asking to defend a flag because most of the time, especially if the SL is asking you to defend a flag that's in the far left/right side of the map (where action rarely happens), you just sit on your ass staring at your gun.

defending a CP only works on urban maps. if you're on zatar wetlands or songhua stalemate you'd be bored to death and then complain how bf2 is boring.

Comment

we (son and I) joined a clan specifically for teamwork
                  and WOW - not only do we do better
                  (ie easier to get team wins)
                  it is simpy just MORE FUN!
                  guess it's like "bowling" - ok alone
                  but you always do it on a team or with your pals

on rare ocassions when there are no clan mates playing - well unless we are practising a certain skill set - it is just plain boring
                  or even HARD
                  eg not being able to speak to pilot or gunner when in a helo is now unthinkable

visit the www.thecongclan.com for a humble group of folks

Comment

Originally posted by j4k3
                    it sucks asking to defend a flag because most of the time, especially if the SL is asking you to defend a flag that's in the far left/right side of the map (where action rarely happens), you just sit on your ass staring at your gun.

defending a CP only works on urban maps. if you're on zatar wetlands or songhua stalemate you'd be bored to death and then complain how bf2 is boring.
                    Yeah, but I would think thats where small squads come in.. use a small squad of like 2 dudes to defend CPs that are behind the lines, and the bigger ones to defend the important ones, like ones with helo pads, airports etc. Typically if you sit and defend those ones, the enemy throws themselves at you cuz they want their choppers / airplanes back..

I would gladly sit at a CP with a small squad, if other squads are doing the same.

Comment

Getting ppl to follow an attack order isn't so hard, it's when you tell them to defend a position that you get a bunch of "Request new orders" or just ppl doing whatever they want. It's not always fun defending, but oh so necessary sometimes.

Repair orders are not always so popular either. If you have an engie on your team it's no problemo but get someone to temporarily go engi can be pretty tough as well...

Comment

"When the machine breaks dow, we break down....."
                        I agree, I have more success as a cmdr when people listen, espcially when I send the message "ARTY HEADS UP!!!!!!" I hate to see a jackass run and sit right where I just called it, waiting for my TK punis fo something that is literally not my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by j-train
                          "When the machine breaks dow, we break down....."
                          I agree, I have more success as a cmdr when people listen, espcially when I send the message "ARTY HEADS UP!!!!!!" I hate to see a jackass run and sit right where I just called it, waiting for my TK punis fo something that is literally not my fault.
                          Seriously.. I am going to be playing with some clans for a little while, but right now it seems to be more of the same.. just with clan members sticking together running all over the place getting kills, or tooling around in a blackhawk.

I'm almost to the point where I want to make up my own clan or something, just for all of you that are frustrated at the lack of coordinated battle plans. I wish there was a way to make people obey orders / give orders.

Comment

I ve never joined any clan and I played BF2 happily ever after
                            Its not about the clan and sorts its about the people who plays it

Comment

Working...
                            X