graphics card died!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics card died!

got an msi 6600gt (agp version) for xmas- and 7 months later its a coaster.
    got into a bf2 game fri and had some strange graphic problems- black boxes, red vertical boxes(looked like matrix code) , black streaks, pink and green choppy looking pixels. The problems carried over to normal pc functions- (boxy vertical red boxes -black static - etc) couldnt even view webpages after a few mins of that smack the screen would go black, even tried some different drivers (no luck) . I removed the 6600gt and replaced it with a lesser msi card i had buried in a drawer and now my pc runs great but the card wont run bf2. Not even sure i want to try and return the 6600gt to msi for the fear it will just happen again in 7 months.

if its under warranty then i would send it to them and get a new one.

Comment

Next week....

Stress testing the CPU with BF2.

Current ver 1.02

Nest week 1.03

Comment

I've heard bad things about MSI as a video card maker. Good mobos from what I hear, bad video cards. I'd stick with XFX or another company. But yes, get a new card, if they keep frying, you can eventually ask for your money back. My guess is something caused it to fry, IE mis-seated heatsink or something.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
          I've heard bad things about MSI as a video card maker. Good mobos from what I hear, bad video cards. I'd stick with XFX or another company. But yes, get a new card, if they keep frying, you can eventually ask for your money back. My guess is something caused it to fry, IE mis-seated heatsink or something.
          Maby rong pci slot?

Comment

He has an AGP card, plus PCI-Express would not fit into a normal PCI slot.

Comment

Working...
            X