Looking For Flight Tips.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Flight Tips.........

i am a strugging pilot when it comes to fast movers.

i have two questions as of now and if anyone has any good tips it would be awsome.

first problem is i fly with a joy stick... it seems to me that i cant bank and turn hard enough. i have turned my sensitivity all the way up in the controll panel and it doesnt seem to make a differnce. is there a way to fix this??

Second problem is im a horrible bomber. i cant hit something on the ground with a bomb to save my life. are there any tips out there on using the boming retical correctly or mabey a shove in the right direction on to when your supposed to drop the bombs ... i remember in battlefield 1942 if you flew with the cockpit view you could use your dash board as a marker to drop the bomb... i cant seem to find the sweet spot now.

thanks for the help

Hated

Im not very sure about the joystick problem but when you are trying the bombing plane,you will see enermies as either circle or square(not sure) try using the two lines which should appear in your HUD where two lines meet up thats where your bombs will go
    Another tip for bomber is to relise the bomb just a bit earlier than you think you should.
    I hope it will help you

Comment

plane bombing is all about timing...i tell u never bomb on an afterburner cos the spread stretches out for miles and you wont cause maximum damage...

if you are in a cluster bomb plane just come down on the targets on the hud...and drop the bombs before u fly over them...then the momentum should land em right on the enemy...all you gotta do is learn the timing and youll be fine...

for 2 bomb planes like f18 and f35 its harder cos the spread is poor and the bombs dont really cause much damage...if u want a definite hit u can alwyas go up high and fly directly down above a target...pu the aimer on them and drop the bombs they should fly straight down and hit the vehicle provided it hasnt moved much...but for 2 bomb planes its still pretty hit and miss but if u get the timing they can be just as effective as cluster bomb planes...

one last thing if you want to hit a more spread out target drop the bombs and then pull up...this action sort of flicks the bombs further and increases the spread but not in the same way as an afterburner carries em for miles...its also good cos it gets u away from the area cos u can pull right up and go re arm...in case theres any AA or planes about

its all about the timing baby!!!

Comment

i've been praticing dropping one bomb at a time and 50% of the time i hit the tank or apc right on their hatch with that one bomb... so all I can say is keep practicing because it will come, its all your timming.

Comment

hi i am having problems with pulling out of dives with both planes and helo's my mouse will not push them up are there any setting for this thanks piroz

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
            plane bombing is all about timing...i tell u never bomb on an afterburner cos the spread stretches out for miles and you wont cause maximum damage...

if you are in a cluster bomb plane just come down on the targets on the hud...and drop the bombs before u fly over them...then the momentum should land em right on the enemy...all you gotta do is learn the timing and youll be fine...

for 2 bomb planes like f18 and f35 its harder cos the spread is poor and the bombs dont really cause much damage...if u want a definite hit u can alwyas go up high and fly directly down above a target...pu the aimer on them and drop the bombs they should fly straight down and hit the vehicle provided it hasnt moved much...but for 2 bomb planes its still pretty hit and miss but if u get the timing they can be just as effective as cluster bomb planes...

one last thing if you want to hit a more spread out target drop the bombs and then pull up...this action sort of flicks the bombs further and increases the spread but not in the same way as an afterburner carries em for miles...its also good cos it gets u away from the area cos u can pull right up and go re arm...in case theres any AA or planes about

its all about the timing baby!!!

chris is 100% right

Comment

Originally posted by Hated
              first problem is i fly with a joy stick... it seems to me that i cant bank and turn hard enough. i have turned my sensitivity all the way up in the controll panel and it doesnt seem to make a differnce. is there a way to fix this??
              Lemme know when you figure it out, because I think the sensitivity on mine is too high! Move too quickly and I find myself rolling in to the ground.

Second problem is im a horrible bomber. i cant hit something on the ground with a bomb to save my life. are there any tips out there on using the boming retical correctly or mabey a shove in the right direction on to when your supposed to drop the bombs ... i remember in battlefield 1942 if you flew with the cockpit view you could use your dash board as a marker to drop the bomb... i cant seem to find the sweet spot now.
              When you're in bomb mode, you have that pendulum thing. The bombs will hit about where the vertical line hits the rounded line. I haven't yet tried playing with my joystick in on a "real" server, just in a local, personal server. I'll drop the bombs, pull up, and switch cameras so I can see just where they landed. I've found Zatar wetlands is pretty good to practice because it's relatively flat. Not much stuff to worry about running in to as you're flying by. Once you really start looking at that penulum thing you'll see why you need to release sooner than what your brain tries to tell you.

Comment

i tell u daquing oilfields or whatever its called is a must to try bombing on there are so many vehicles etc...btw imo the su 30 is the best plane for bombing i love it but i never used a mouse for planes/helis even if u turn the sensitivity right up i find it very annoying and it hinders my maneouverability...trust me jus use the keyboard only

Comment

It is deffinitely all about timing. You have to practice alot, so just fly a plane whenever you get the chance. Bombing with the fighter is completely different than with one of the bomber/fighters. With a fighter you have to fly really low over the target, or just fly straight down at them.

I've gotten to the point where I can bomb a moving boat with the bombers. It's all practice.

As far as using the keyboard, I totally disagree. I have the wireless wingman freedom joystick and it's great. Nobody has beat me in a one-on-one dogfight yet, and I have nearly 8 hours in a plane.

Comment

Just one thing though, whatever you do don't practice on a ranked server!!! for your scores sake and for your teams sake. practice in SP first, or your own server or something. dont waste a plane on a ranked server when there could be an awesome pilot using it to dominate all opposition. Just practice pratice practice. its what im doing.

Comment

thanks for all the feed back i will take all tips and try my best to use them to the best of my ability if i find anything out ill let ya know.

Comment

I'm currently helping two other people learn how to fly in BF2. Message me if you are interested to join my BF2 private flight school

Comment

do you have xfire??

Comment

maybe ur joystick dont have twist technology.... i am looking for a joystick.

Comment

Seriously, as far as bombing goes, drop about 1 second before you think you should...

The best advice I can give on the turning this is remember to coordinate your turns! (This is something real pilots will know instinctively).. (and by real, I mean in real life, not in BF)... When you're turning at anything less than 90 degrees of bank add rudder in the direction of the turn... The flight model isn't a perfect match for reality here, but the rudder will give you a couple more degrees per second in a turn... This is usually enough to give you the edge over the guy who's running from you...

Comment

Working...
                              X