Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot run Battlefield 2 Demo

Hi guys....new to the community:hi:

I installed the demo and tried to run it, double click the icon, 1/2 sec later it jumps back into desktop...I initally thought that this is a video driver problem as I've done some research. But I do have the latest driver, and I just d/l another one from nvidia just in case.

It's a brand new comp, so it shouldn't be virus but I did run anti-virus and anti-spy, and found nothing.

I did the uninstall and re-install.....and I pretty much did everything that I can think of.....I can't believe this, I bought this new computer for this game:cussing:

The specs are:
    P4 3.2 Ghz
    1 GB of ram
    BFG geforce 6600GT

I do have directx9.0c

any ideas guys?????

Survey the Battlefield 2 Demo folder ( C:/ProgramFiles/EAGames/BF2Demo ) and in there, if I'm not mistaken, there are video drivers that are supposed to make the game run without any problems.

If this doesn't work for you, my advice would be to uninstall the demo, clean it out of your registry (If you don't understand, just skip this step), and do a reinstall... hell, maybe even a re-download.

Also, try other games and see if they work or not... your "new" PC may be the culprit.

Good luck, and most of all, welcome to the community!

Comment

ya in the folder it comes with the 77.30 driver, but I thought we were told to use the latest one and so I got the latest driver from nvidia77.72, anyhow I will give it a try

I did do uninstall and reinstall, and have also re-download from a couple of different source, but still no luck...so you think it's my computer???

Comment

Yeah, it may be your PC. Install another game or download another game's demo or something and see if anything else works.

Comment

remember to uninstall the old drivers FIRST, before u download the new one. and after u uninstall the old one, restart ur comp, and update it.
          edit: Welcome to Total BF2 soldier

Comment

thanx guys....nice to be here

anyways back to the problem I did uninstall the old driver before installing the new one.

I tried playing HL2 and no problem there....so thank god...but still no luck with BF2...maybe I should just give up

Comment

What kind of video card do you have? Maybe your card isnt supported...just guessing here

Comment

it's a 6600GT....could it be something to do with the sound card....does sound card matter that much....it's onboard and it's updated

Comment

Working...
                X