Computer reboot after 1.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer reboot after 1.02

I've been playing bf2 since the full version came out with no problems. I've patched to 1.01 and it still worked fine. I've now went to 1.02 and I load the game, I connect to a map and it goes to the screen where you select which class you want to go. From here it either crashes (complete computer restart) on that screen or crashes about 2 seconds after i start playing. Does anyone know what is going on?

BTW I've not changed any drivers at all or done any windows updates since the game worked perfectly on 1.01 (no comments on my comp being overclocked as it's worked perfectly since the demo until now)

Win XP Pro SP2
    P4 2.6c @ 3.2
    1gig PC4000 @ DDR500
    blah blah blah

You need to uninstall the game and only apply patch v1.02.

Comment

I have had the same exact problem. Let me know if the reinstall solved your issues. It still reboots for me right after picking a kit and spawning (but only on online games)...plays fine on single player.

Comment

Have u installed Catalyst 5.7, if so its that!

Comment

Go back to 5.6 if u have an ati that is

Comment

I have 5.7 and have no problems. Although I tried 5.7 with the Catylst Control Center, and had problems, I'm using them with just the ATI Control Panel, and they run very nicely.

Comment

Working...
            X