V 1.02 - Now computer reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V 1.02 - Now computer reboots

I've played BF2 successfully every day since it came out. I just installed V1.02 the other day and now every time I go to a ranked server (or online play) the games starts and then almost immediately it reboots my computer. (every time), not just a crash to the desktop, but a complete system reboot (within seconds of joining the online game).

I can play singler player fine and was playing online fine until the new patch.

I'm running a 3.2 Ghz processer, P4, 1GB RAM, 256 Video ATI Radeon.

I did some research....reinstalled the patch, updated the Punkbuster and cleared the cache...still no luck...the damn game just won't play anymore except in single player mode.

Any advice,

rmullenax65@yahoo.com
    Stuck at Private First Class

One other thing I noticed

Just tried again to play...still rebooted...really pissing me off.

But, I did notice.

Now in the browser for multiplay (there appears to be no machines with a click "SAME VERSION ONLY"...when I turn it off servers to appear and they are not red or blocked out and I can join...only to crash.

It says I'm running version: 1.1.2484.0

Any ideas?

Comment

Your version is correct. Did you try updating your video drivers? Also what sound card (if any) are you using? Is it third party or onboard? If its onboard you may have to use software rendering.

Reboots usually indicate a Windows stop error aka BSOD.

Comment

When you get in game can you spawn?

I had a similar problem, I could spawn and look around, but as soon as i moved it would reboot. Was Sound driver issue.

Comment

Yes, very similar

I can spawn. When I move it reboots within seconds. I guess it could be the sound card drivers, but if so...it is the v1.02 patches fault because I have played on this machine for hours and hours with no problems. (another reminder: I can play singler player with no problems...it is only when I go online and spawn...then reboot)

Does that make sense that the patch would screw up my sound drivers? Sound seems fine, but I'm open to looking at anything as I can't play online.

Comment

Update

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled BF2. Then ran the V.1.02 patch...then updated punkbuster....and the same results.....a reboot seconds after spawning to life in an online game....can play the single player fine.

This sucks!

Comment

i had the same problem. its weird, but i fixed the problem by tightening my heatsink..it worked

Comment

Update 2

I'm using Soundmax Digital Audio (it was working fine for the past month or so (before the patch))

I have ATI: 9600 256mb 8x agp --- yes, I grabbed the latest drivers.

I'm clueless.

Comment

I have a similar setup. I think it's the soundmax sound driver. Mine is built right on board. Everything worked fine before the last patch.

Comment

Working...
                  X