Battlefield WILL NOT UNINSTALL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield WILL NOT UNINSTALL!

hey guys. I am trying to uninstall and isntall again because when I try to play an online game, it tries to conenct but just goes back to the server listing again. Similar to when it says SERVER Full, but no message comes up.

But anyways, I am in control panel trying to uninstall but when I hit REMOVE it starts and then just closes. Anyone help?

Probly a corupt install data try installing on top of old game by not deleting then uninstall and do a clean install ( delete all old folders)

Comment

lol i had exactly the same problem. just delete the game + the registry entries, then reinstall.

Comment

Something with the ActiveSheild installer, do a forum search, this has happend to many people.

Comment

Your problem is that the cdkey was deleated. if you dont want to uninstall the game you can fix it by going EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Support and running Battlefield2_code.exe and re-entering your cdkey (EA has no knowledge of this bug according to there response to my support question). that should clear up not being able to join servers. i had the same problem you do and it fixed it right up.

however it does not fix the uninstall problem. Unfortunetly i havent really looked for a solution for this. like the guy in the post infront of me said look around the fourms because alot of people have had this problem.

Comment

yay!!!!

im so glad i havent had any of these problems...

you're not alone though when it comes to them...

Comment

(EA has no knowledge of this bug according to there response to my support question)
              HAHA - why am I not surprised?

Comment

If you want to uninstall manually then delete the folder where it it was installed to, and delete the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents. If you want to keep your BF2 settings, then don't delete teh folder in My Doucments but move to e.g. Desktop if you intend to use it later.

Then delete the registry keys marked in BOLD, you access registry via regedit.exe from Run Menu.
                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DICE\Battlefield 2(TM)]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\{04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B}]
                You can also delete the InstallShield folder for BF2, press WINKEY+R, type %PROGRAMFILES%\InstallShield Installation Information\{04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and it will take you to the folder.

Comment

Working...
                X