HELP BF2 Blue Screen Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP BF2 Blue Screen Crash

Installed BF2, with the 1.02 patch. Game plays fine in single player at 1600x1200x32 with all setting on high. Talked to EA tech, went through the task manager turn everything off, completely deleted the game per there email. Reinstalled, rebooted, installed patch rebooted. Join game multiplayer mode and after a few minutes the game crashes to a blue screen, could only read as follows: page fault in non paged area ?????? Computer restarts and when the desk top comes as a white screen it says click to restore desktop. The tell micro soft pops up with system has recovered from a serious error. Then Back to fine. Any help would be appreciated.

My computer specs.

P4 3.4
    1.5 gig hyper X 3500 ram
    120 gig hDD sata
    6800 ultra OC with latest driver.

Page Fault in Non Paged area points to a problem with your RAM....Is this the only blue screen error you get? at the bottom of the screen are there any numbers? if so try and post those up...

Comment

Don't think it could be the ram it only does it with this game, I can play single player BF2 all day long with settings on high and resolution at 1600x1200. The blue screen flashes so flash you can't read it. This only happens on MULTIPLAYER online. Sometimes I can join a game then after a few minutes playing it crashes. Systems temp never reaches 50 degrees. I have 1.5 gig of Kingston Hyper X ram 3500 not 3200. No over clocking done.

Comment

It can be the memory and this is why.

Certain files are only during Multiplayer. This causes certain commands to be run. Somewhere in those commands, there is a memory conflict. Where, is anyones guess, but we need the numbers to narrow it down.

Comment

How can you get the blue screen to stay up long enough to read it?

Can you use the numbers from the report being sent to microsoft. You know the box that comes up when saying windows has recovered from a serious error do you want to send a report to microsoft. There are tech numbers and others in the read report box.

Saw in an earlier post where they reduced the AA and AF filters, tryed it and it didn't work. Also set the game options to 800x600 with med settings, No go there either. Loaded and as soon as my guy ran crash to blue screen.

Comment

Go to your control panel... Click Performance and Maintenance...then click System Properties.... Choose the Advanced tab.... at bottom it says System Startup and Recovery Click the settings button under this title... Once at this screen...Mid screen it says sytem Failure.... untick the box next to automatically restart...That will allow you to read the blue screen.... you'll have to reboot yourself now though... And yes you can post up the Minidump file...but first try and get those numbers

Comment

Originally posted by SerbSniper1
              Installed BF2, with the 1.02 patch. Game plays fine in single player at 1600x1200x32 with all setting on high. Talked to EA tech, went through the task manager turn everything off, completely deleted the game per there email. Reinstalled, rebooted, installed patch rebooted. Join game multiplayer mode and after a few minutes the game crashes to a blue screen, could only read as follows: page fault in non paged area ?????? Computer restarts and when the desk top comes as a white screen it says click to restore desktop. The tell micro soft pops up with system has recovered from a serious error. Then Back to fine. Any help would be appreciated.

My computer specs.

P4 3.4
              1.5 gig hyper X 3500 ram
              120 gig hDD sata
              6800 ultra OC with latest driver.

IMHO
              Its your RAM and Virtual memory settings m8.
              Your specs suggest that you have 2 or more sticks of RAM.
              Things to look into.

How many and what size and what make?

Have you added RAM recently to your MOBO?

What is your exact MOBO make model.

Did you match the correct type of RAM for your MOBO?

Did you alter your BIOS in accordance with your RAM?

Have you got the correct settings, set in BIOS for your RAM?

Have you set your virtual memory in accordance with your RAM?

sharky

Comment

the virtual memeory should be double the size of your ram

Comment

I have a gigabyte 8KNXP Pent 4 3.4 800mhz
                  1.5 Gig of Kingston Hyper X dual channel DDR 3500 2x512 2x256
                  Nvidia 6800 Ultra latest driver.

Nothings been done or added since this game (BF2). The problem only occurs on multiplayer. Playing single player all is fine at 1600x1200x32 all settings on HIGH. In BF2 profile the setting is at 800x600 but in game 1600x1200. Today played okay for about 30-60 minutes. Server changed maps and boom crash to blue screen again. All other games Ghost recon, doom 3 NFSU2 Tiger woods etc etc play fine. Its something with this game. Virtual Memory is 2046 and High 4092.

Was gonna try doing an older Nvidia driver, a 66.92 to see what happens what do ya think?

Comment

OK GOT THE NUMBERS AFTER THE CRASH!

Tech INfo:
                    STOP 0x0000008E [0xC0000005, 0xB336701A, 0xA82565E8, 0x00000000]
                    1R446 Address B336701A Base at B3365000, Date stamp, 42e15f86
                    begining dump physical memory

what do you think? one thing is for sure I'm getting tired of this ****.
                    my virtual memory is 2046 max 4092

One thing I did was turn to low the shading and textures and now I can play longer, but it aint fixed.

I think the problem is in this new shading and textures nvidia is using trying to be the top dog and the games makers are ahead of there cards?

Comment

[QUOTE=SerbSniper1]Tech INfo:
                      STOP 0x0000008E [0xC0000005, 0xB336701A, 0xA82565E8, 0x00000000]
                      1R446 Address B336701A Base at B3365000, Date stamp, 42e15f86
                      begining dump physical memory
                      QUOTE]

That points to your RAM....You may also run into problems if some of the sticks are double sided and others aren't...I assume they are.... It may be a heat issue with your memory...when it crashes hold ur fingers near it...if you feel heat from more than say 10cm could be problem.... Try running the game without the 256 sticks in there on multiplayer for awhile...i know it sounds like a hassle but try it... IF it runs fine slide one stick in and just interchange

Comment

My question would be then why do all other games, including DOOM3 run fine. Its only BF2? Never had any problems till this damn game. I can play anything else 1600x1200 ALL SETTINGS ON HIGH with NO problems?

PS MY stiks are factory matched and sold and purchased only in factory matched dual channel pairs.

Comment

so the 512 and the 256 are factory matched to one another?? I'm just tryin to help....

Comment

YES matched from the Kingston factory. It is 3500 dual channel not 3200.

Comment

Sorry fella i'm not a mind reader.....Hope you solve it on your own cause i'm through with it...next time when someone tries to help how about show some courtesy...

Comment

Working...
                              X