• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600
    9.0c
    VisionTek XTASY 9200
    Realtek AC97 Audio

Comment

It says you need to get drivers for both Audio and Video. Some people have claimed to get the 9200 working though, so I won't give up yet.

Download the latest ATI Drivers:
      AMD delivers leadership high-performance and adaptive computing solutions to advance data center AI, AI PCs, intelligent edge devices, gaming, & beyond.

Do not install them right away.

Next get a program called "DRiverCleaner3". http://www.drivercleaner.net

Goto Add/Remove Programs in your control panel, and remove:
      ATI Control Panel
      ATI Display Driver
      ATI Software Uninstall (you may not have this, if not, no worries).

Next boot Windows into safe mode (hit F8 on the "Start Windows XP" screen with the little loading bar, just standard safe mode will do). Now run drivercleaner3 and remove anything ATI Radeon related. Once you have done this, reboot the computer.

Once you're back into windows install the new drivers we got from ATI's website. It will require a restart. Once you're back into Windows again, try launching the game, if we are lucky it will play. If not we need to do some tweaking.

If it does not start, then you need to do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > SmartGart. Once you're on the SmartGart tab, you want to slide it down to 4x. This once again will require a reboot. Once you're back into windows try the game.

If you don't have a SmartGart tag, then I got really bad news for you. Your card is a PCI version and there has only been 1 guy that claims to have gotten it to work, but no one else has. I'm sure someone can post a link for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos

Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > SmartGart. Once you're on the SmartGart tab, you want to slide it down to 4x. This once again will require a reboot. Once you're back into windows try the game.
        We have one guy in our group that has an ATI 9200. He got it to work (on low everything) by turning the AGP setting to 4X. I believe this has to do with the stability ot the 9200.

Comment

also, speaking of min info... I'm running a fx5500, not the 5700 they recommend, and having absolutely no problems.... so don't be too worried, there's even a thread for a fix for 4000 series nvidia cards..

but they're right, thats definately the problem....

Comment

i guess i have a pci card then. this sucks. what nvidia card should i get thats the lowest but still functional

Comment

Working...
            X