Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your ea support complaints *here*

Sent to EA:-)
    I wish to express my complete disappointment in your product. I have been a faithful EA customer. Defensive of you great games but BF2 public is a mess. Your public relations are poor to say the least where customers can't even use the product for a whole day while your programers rush to "fix" problems and there is absolutly no communication as to why. Currently I rent one of you "GREAT" ranked servers, well so far bad programing has left our server laggy due to memory leaks and now unusable because no one can log in. This is the BIGGEST waste of my money on someone else account. Between the delays in release, bad patches, and open ports it's obvious this game was no where near ready for release. Imagine having any other product with similar problems a car that only starts sometimes, a microwave with a radiation leak...hmmm.... RECALL...REFUND....APPOLOGIES...here's an idea instead of selling an expansion pack before you even have the base game working correctly...why don't you for once do some GOOD public relations and release some kind of bonus content to appologize for wasting everyone's money and time.

It cost 50 bucks. Shut up. It's already been said a hundred times here. We GET it, dude. You are so obsessed with the game that if it doesn't conform to your every desire you throw a tantrum. There is essentially nothing different here from any other piece of major software out there. Oh, except for one thing - this is the best game ever. If it wasn't you wouldn't be here yappin about EA. The only way you can prove me wrong is by NOT playing the game for one day, or NOT writing about the game for one day, or trying to organize a goddamn protest march/boycott, in other words - STFU.

There is a genocide happening in Sudan, you twit. Don't you think you can wait a couple hours to see when you've been virtually promoted to virtual Lance Corporal, Knucklehead.

If you don't want to believe anything EA says, fine. But if you don't want to believe that they aren't paying attention - please, at least do us a favor and read the pre-release notes on fix 1.03. Because, if they aren't paying attention, it must be some cosmic coincidence that some of the things mentioned there have very recently been major topics of concern on this website. Explain that.

I had guessed this game brought in somewhere around $50 mil, somebody here today said $65 mil. The average hollywood movie costs $134 mil in production and marketing. And most of them suck. Go complain at Blockbuster. Spare me. Don't buy the next EA release. But please, stop thinking you're going to make the world a better place by ranting about what is arguably the best $50 game produced to date.

Comment

You know you lose me at best $50 game produced to date. You're bowing down to poor products, BAD public relations, and months to patch basic bugs. Perhaps you just don't pay enough attention to other game companies and how they treat thier valued customers, since you seem to have your thoughts caught in the "cosmic coincidences" of the world. The community updates from EA are a joke they come days after the problems occur leaving most consumers in the dark.Thanks TotalBF2 for keeping us updated at the least. Also, a patch that contains 140 fixs due in over a month, how about releasing ten patchs fixing 20 things per patch, finding a way to slipsteam bug fixes... anything to help out...obviously they have this power over the ranked servers and they are proving today fixing the open ports that were hacked yesterday. You're right this game is the best game "IN CONCEPT" however EA and Dice lack in public relations and product stability. Of course EA is paying attention and it's to customers who speak up about it, send a support ticket, that's what they are there for. however, after yesterday it's pretty obvious that they don't listen that well to thier customers or else 5million accounts wouldn't have been unlocked. As for your movie and genocide comments what's the relevance, what do you know about anything calling someone a knucklehead and a twit. Some people may view you as either of those not taking any action against poorly made products that you have purchased. I hope you don't go about treating other aspects of your life with the same passive attitude. You should be willing to help your fellow gamers demand better than try to start a devide between them.

Comment

i like you sig nineset! pwned

Comment

Thank you silG

Comment

i agree with you nineset. to the second poster - nobody forced you to read the thread...

I have to agree that this bf2 game is the worst mess ever. I think back to the soldner demo and how badly that went, well it's not too far from how the retail BF2 has gone.

Comment

Oh please, you know something about products? You must be one of the proud, the few who know something about products. I called you a twit because THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES than this video game for you or anybody to get worked up about. I'm sorry I was hurtful, I just thought that people were used to language like that in forums like this.

I got mine for $40 on eBay. I got my necessary 256MB video card for $45 on eBay and I didn't write ATI to say it cost too much second-hand.

I'd guess it would be unreasonable to think that complaints about a product worth $65 million in 1 month's sales wouldn't draw some attention from the company producing it - but I could be wrong. Maybe you're not a knucklehead.

This is less about poor customer service than it is about your absurd standards for customer service. I pay Linksys $50-$70 for every router I buy from them. I'd like it if their $5-an-hour tech-support monkeys in India were aware of a quarter of the problems involved with a single piece of hardware they have been producing for over 5 years. They should pay me to tell them about incompatabilities between their stuff and that of the other players in the industry. You want to talk about big companies. Try Cisco. But that's what you get for 50 bucks.
              Try Verizon - try dealing with their "customer service" for the $70, $80,$100+ a month for DSL service. Oh, but you know so much about products. You wouldn't need to.

Now that they're going to fix 140 bugs, that's not good enough - they have to break it into 7, 20-bug segments. There's another name for people like that, I won't use it.
              I wouldn't want to hurt your sense of righteous indignation. I probably won't be playing tonight. There are other things in life besides Operation Cleansweep, lest we forget.

BF1942 had many problems, too, remember - but I was setting up my brother-in-law's computer last night. He has my original copies of BF1942, Rome, and BFV, plus his own copies he got on ebay for like $5 so we could play in the same servers. People are still playing BF1942 hardcore online. This whole series has been excellent - and you know it. BF2 has added significant improvements - which people like you RARELY comment on here in favor of blasting away about bs like the subtleties of TK/punish scoring and blackhawk whoring. These are problems, yes, and they will be fixed. But they pale in comparison to the advances of squad play, voice communication, improved performance (lags are almost nonexistent on many servers). I could go on, but whatever.

If you can produce a better game, do it. If you don't want to buy their next one, don't. If you want to make it your personal crusade to convince everybody else not to buy it either, my advice to you would be not to waste your time.

No matter what you want to think or believe, the executives at EA didn't all wake up one morning and decide they were going to buy DICE so that they could screw you, my man, out of $50. Lighten up, try to look at the positive aspects of the game, and if that doesn't work - smoke some weed.

Comment

Originally posted by evil.rusk
                i agree with you nineset. to the second poster - nobody forced you to read the thread...

I have to agree that this bf2 game is the worst mess ever. I think back to the soldner demo and how badly that went, well it's not too far from how the retail BF2 has gone.
                So you dont think a pile of dog **** is more of a mess?

Personally i love BF2, i really havent noticed any BIG lag problems that everyone moans up, i have a BF2 ranked server with web admin which is awesome, ive been involved in about 10 or so clan matches which have all been extremely fun,

basically the game is great, if you dont like it, stop playing it. Stop threatening EA, because they dont give a ****, you said it yourself.

Do youself a favour, if you hate this 'mess' so much, sell it on Ebay and never think about it again

Comment

Maybe my point is falling on deaf ears.

When I started BF2 a couple weeks ago I had about 500 points and was ranked around #280,000. I've got 2300+ points now and am, last time I checked about #110,000. I consider myself a decent player, I play serious, but maybe I could be considered mediocre by other standards. Regardless, those numbers suggest that there are about a million half-serious-to-hardcore players who already play regularly online. There are only 280 million people in the US. That's alot of players considering most people can barely operate a computer. Assuming they've gotten past the upgrade hurdle, they're probably, on average, satisfied.

Have you noticed the chatter online, while you're playing? There's isn't necessarily any more complaining than there was with BF1942.

You guys that are so tweaked by this game and by EA's customer service might be setting your sights a little high. Have you considered that? You may be a little more into gaming than your average noob or a little too into this particular series - that's why you are peaved. EA as a corporation doesn't necessarily need you as a target group. They need the other million schmucks who aren't going to complain so much.
                  MOST people are quite impressed by this game. Face it - you are different - not only do you play this game, you spend a lot of time writing about it. OMG, I have to go, I am turning into such a dweeb.

Comment

HAHAHAHA h4x0r f4gotz .. stfu .. its a game ffs

Comment

10001 to complaints. :wall: :wall:
                      1000 to positive feedbacks. :cry: :cry:

Comment

I'm all for making game companies put out good products but I don't really see what the big deal is. Apart from the shitty browser the game is great. I had a blast playing BFV too so go figure.

Hell, I've sold CAD software that cost $25,000US per license plus $2000/year for upgrades (yes that is the real price) and even that had a bunch of bugs every release.

Comment

Everyone knows the problems, online games always need tweaking especially if its new game engines and such being implemented. Steam is update crazy even for CS 1.6 and CS:CZ have continued to receive updates recently. I hope to expect that kind of support from EA/DICE for the onward future, always good to know that it hasn't been released and forgotten. This is DICE's baby and they will want it to be a show case for competitions and events, so don't worry all will be resolved.

Comment

Man you guys sure got a case against ea. You should appeal to the supreme court.

Comment

Originally posted by =GSO=Nineset
                              Sent to EA:-)
                              I wish to express my complete disappointment in your product. I have been a faithful EA customer. Defensive of you great games but BF2 public is a mess. Your public relations are poor to say the least blah blah blah.
                              1. Check Grammar/English/Spelling.
                              2. Go play something else.
                              3. Run head under cold water.
                              4. Call God.... Tell him,"Lord?, EA's doing it again....." *TEARS*

@Evil Rust, Get some game.

Comment

Working...
                              X