Battle Recorder?<There was an error parsing URL>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Recorder?<There was an error parsing URL>

On about half of the battles I get bookmarked from battle recorder give me this message when I go to download... Does anyone know if there is a setting or something I may be doing wrong...? It reads,

<There was an error parsing the URL> ...WTF, I have some sweet footage I need to download... please help... Thx, Scorpion

All of my bookmarks have this error. After looking at the server.con files, I can see a place where the server operator is supposed to fill in the base url for saved bookmarks. Evidently, many forget to fill this param in.

I only tried a few servers w/the battlerecorder thing on. Which servers have you found that *do* have bookmarks you can load?

Comment

I downloaded a couple today. Hugh is right, most server admins activate battlerecorder but don't supply a valid path for the recorder files. ASE has a filter for this.

Comment

anytime i try to view a bf recorder demo file since the 1.02 patch the game crashes to desktop or it wont allow me to download from the server.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't seen a single recorded game yet... they all have errors when I try to download it.

Comment

I finally found a server that does have the base url filled -- "EA |WSS| Clan Ranked #1", so I have some bookmarks that are valid url's. Unfortunately, the bf2demo files don't exist.

If someone has actually been able to download a recorded demo (via bookmark), could you post the server name?

Comment

Hugh G. Wrection. Can u give me the IP?

Comment

Well, if it's not showing up anymore in the server browser, I can't get the IP. Did you search on "WSS" or something? Here is the bookmark itself:

LocalProfile.addDemoBookmark "EA |WSS| Clan Ranked #1" "kubra_dam" "http://www.thewssclan.com/bf2demo/wss_ranked1/auto_2005_07_27_11_51_48.bf2demo" "2005-07-27 09:21:01"

Comment

Working...
                X