One shot,One Head,One Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One shot,One Head,One Kill

Is it possible to kill somebody whit just one round in the head,whit the sniper.I played yesterday and i didnt make it.

beleive it or not i find it hard to hit someone in the head. my friend can do it no problem, and usually it does kill in 1 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RDF_RiSbO
      Is it possible to kill somebody whit just one round in the head,whit the sniper.I played yesterday and i didnt make it.
      You probably missed. I know it sounds dumb, but it is BF2 and 'stuff' happens. Unless it's a close headshot, unpredictable bullet movements can cause unpredictable results. :hmm:

Comment

I do it quite often (head shot kills) what really agitates me though is (and yes I know its been rehashed here many times) that I can hit someone square in the chest with the M85 and they shrug it off so I hit them 2 more times and they still dont die. I want the M85 to upped in damage to where it takes a max of 2 hits to kill the target. I mean in real life if I were to hit someone in the leg with the 50 it would damn near take it off and they would be down and out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogan[16AA]
          I mean in real life if I were to hit someone in the leg with the 50 it would damn near take it off and they would be down and out.
          Ye like in Americas Army.But BF is a little bit arcade..

Comment

Originally posted by Hogan[16AA]
            I do it quite often (head shot kills) what really agitates me though is (and yes I know its been rehashed here many times) that I can hit someone square in the chest with the M85 and they shrug it off so I hit them 2 more times and they still dont die. I want the M85 to upped in damage to where it takes a max of 2 hits to kill the target. I mean in real life if I were to hit someone in the leg with the 50 it would damn near take it off and they would be down and out.
            For me, usually 2 shots is enough to take down people (thanks to 65% of people playing spec ops (unarmoured) per server). If I can't get a headshot, I go for arms and legs. Body armour requires more shots sometimes as you mentioned.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :hi:

Comment

Thanks

Im a perfection type of guy and I usually only take the shot if I can hit them in the head and take them down. It used to be when the game first came out that I just shot at the body and did it as fast as possible to put them down. Since then though I mainly go for headshots I want a good 1 shot one kill rep.

Alot of people hate that they chose to unlock the M85 first, I dont, I love getting behind the enemies lines and setting up near the cobra or havoc and waiting for a pilot to get in and pop...the gunner just sits there like "take off already" for some reason its much easier to get a bullet through the pilots canopy than the gunners.

Comment

u need headshots
                i was 1 foot from another sniper
                stuck the gun IN HIS BACK
                2 shots - no kill
                then startted doing headshots
                got ok at it
                seems as though crosshairs are reset each game
                (at least for me)
                so, i adjust each game hi\low

Comment

I got a 1 shot 1 kill with the MEC sniper rifle last night. I was ontop of a building and the guy was right below me...Very easy shot.

Comment

I have gotten to where if I am not reasonably sure of a headshot, I don't shoot...people these days seem to quick to immediately lock on to where snipers are and smoke them, often times before you can get anymore than 2 shots off...

Anyway...sniper to the head kills anyone...if the shot truely registers...had fun with a guy last night...watched him throw out five medpacs for himself...waited...he lays down on med pacs to start shooting...waited...he sits nice and still...pop Then popped his supply carrying squadmate and helped myself to all the goodies they nicely left me

Comment

When i reach my corpal rank i will unlock the m95, sniping is soo much fun. I normally snipe with the american rifle, and i normally aim towards the neck and collar bone, cause thats an area where amour does not protect. and i find it easier to hit because there is an larger area compared to the head.

Comment

i have got a head shot with both snipers more than once, and it is 1 shot 1 kill to the head

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                          u need headshots
                          i was 1 foot from another sniper
                          stuck the gun IN HIS BACK
                          2 shots - no kill
                          then startted doing headshots
                          got ok at it
                          seems as though crosshairs are reset each game
                          (at least for me)
                          so, i adjust each game hi\low
                          how?

and heashots yes are possible
                          aim for the head and point ahead of time

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos
                            I have gotten to where if I am not reasonably sure of a headshot, I don't shoot...people these days seem to quick to immediately lock on to where snipers are and smoke them, often times before you can get anymore than 2 shots off...

Anyway...sniper to the head kills anyone...if the shot truely registers...had fun with a guy last night...watched him throw out five medpacs for himself...waited...he lays down on med pacs to start shooting...waited...he sits nice and still...pop Then popped his supply carrying squadmate and helped myself to all the goodies they nicely left me
                            My great uncle was a sniper in WWII. After the war he remained in the service for a number of years and spent most of that time training snipers. I remember him, on a couple of occasions, saying:

"In no more than a day, I can teach anyone to put a bullet in a 10-inch target at 300 yards, the hard part is learning the patience needed to be a good sniper. And, some people will just never have it, no matter what they do. Patience is 90% of the job." (Of course, I'm paraphrasing... it's been quite a while since I heard him say that, but that's pretty close.)

Comment

Originally posted by GatorDawg
                              My great uncle was a sniper in WWII. After the war he remained in the service for a number of years and spent most of that time training snipers. I remember him, on a couple of occasions, saying:

"In no more than a day, I can teach anyone to put a bullet in a 10-inch target at 300 yards, the hard part is learning the patience needed to be a good sniper. And, some people will just never have it, no matter what they do. Patience is 90% of the job." (Of course, I'm paraphrasing... it's been quite a while since I heard him say that, but that's pretty close.)
                              Too bad BF2 is a pretty arcade game

Comment

Working...
                              X