Verifying Client Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verifying Client Data

what does this mean? My computer takes so long to do this, it there a way to make it faster?

Originally posted by [R-Mod]Scoggs
    what does this mean? My computer takes so long to do this, it there a way to make it faster?
    Yeah mine too. I go 'request supply drop' from the parents while I wait. That or make nachos.

Comment

Punkbuster is doing its thing.

Comment

PB checks and makes sure that you're not running any hacks, and then some of the things get checked inside of the main files just to see that you don't have no fog or all weapons unlocked when you shouldn't.

Comment

well since it is checing files that you cannot edit when game is in use, why cant it check when the game starts up?

Comment

well since it is checing files that you cannot edit when game is in use, why cant it check when the game starts up?
            cause that'd be smart duh.

Comment

oh yea well i forgot EA&DICE dont like smart things

Maybe BF2 is just a big conspiracy to make people upgrade thier computers

Comment

You can turn on hacks after you turn on the game. You can't turn on an aimbot or any hack after you get into a server though.

Comment

oh, really... hmm... dang... i tired to change some thing for a movie in the demo and it wouldnt allow me... only was in the menu too...

AND I DONT CHEAT!

Comment

it used to take me about 3 min to load map and 5 to verifty.
                    Contrary to what ive thought in the other post regarding this matter, im pretty sure its NOT punkbuster cuz i have the problem of it taking several minutes even when i tried to connect to a NON-punkbuster server. However, after saying that, i DID HOWEVER update punkbuster manually using the manual update tool from their website and now im gettin more like 3 minute verifies.... HOWEVER, I DID do many tweaks so i dont know if this is the one that helped. Now, if someone with longgggg (AVERAGE verifies are 45-60 seconds based on the average persons loading of a map in about 30-60 seconds) verify times could try this to help me narrow down if that was the helping factor, then itd be much appreciated.

PLEASEEEEE since this is already been talked about for weeks, lets all post here regarding this matter: http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=9069

Comment

Actually it makes sense to do it on the load. If they check when you first start the game, you can toggle it (simular to the way CS:S hacks work). By checking it when you load, it ensures your entering the online game without any modified content.

Comment

oh yea well i forgot EA&DICE dont like smart things

Maybe BF2 is just a big conspiracy to make people upgrade thier computers
                        OMG. seriously

Comment

FYI, if you watch your HD activity light, you will see that once the verifying is showed, it's simply chugging through the data on the disk. THe second the HD light stops, the 'ready' button is there.

To speed this up, you will need to speed up your hard drive in one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                          X